Will this bulb work?

Squirell

Bought a Philips 15 watt plant and aquarium bulb 18 inch T8. Will this be good enough for a hibiscus plant in my viv?

hibiscus need a lot of natural sunlight to thrive. I am assuming the lights you mention are only for the plant and that you have the appropriate heat and uv lighting your cham requires.
If you want a strong plant light look into the jungle dawn products that Todd at light your reptiles supplies, they are awesome!!!

Yea I have the UVB and Heat lamp this is just for the plant. The link does not work. Any suggesting on an 18 inch T8 6500k bulb that I could use?

Light Your Reptiles has some of the best lights out there. Being in Canada, shipping is too high for me to be able to afford them. Would if I could! For plant growth, I have a T5 full spectrum light from Lee Valley. Comes in 22" and 42" lengths and includes the bulb and fixture. Decent prices too. I have the 22" in my 24 x 36 x 48 veiled enclosure with a hibiscus and it is growing well and flowering too, so I'd say they work well. One other note for the hibiscus - it is a very thirsty plant. Needs a LOT of water, but let it dry out between waterings. I water mine heavily 2-3 times a week.

Thanks CLP. Im goign to give the current bulb i bought a try and if the Hibiscus starts going downhill ill get a better light. Buying the Hibiscus forced me to upgrade from a 18x12x20 to the 18x18x36 enclosure. He should love the extra room to roam

Thanks CLP. Im goign to give the current bulb i bought a try and if the Hibiscus starts going downhill ill get a better light. Buying the Hibiscus forced me to upgrade from a 18x12x20 to the 18x18x36 enclosure. He should love the extra room to roam

Im going to question your thought process.

First you ask a specific question. Then you receive some reply's and supporting information saying your one or two weak T8 bulbs will not work.

After your Hibiscus starts to go down hill(which it will because its not enough quality light) then you'll get a better set up.

That thinking is sooooooooo flawed. Thats like saying, Im going to try the wrong food for my chameleon and when he gets sick I'll get him the right food.

Your logic will only cost you more money and more lives....

Why not get whats necessary the first time? why waste money on plants that will die versus the proper lighting that will enable them to thrive?

What about these CFL'S? Would rather be able to go pick it up then wait for shipping. Would get a clamp dome and put it on the side directly hitting the Hibiscus plant.
20130731_160944.jpg

What about these CFL'S? Would rather be able to go pick it up then wait for shipping. Would get a clamp dome and put it on the side directly hitting the Hibiscus plant.
View attachment 83402

Did you not read the link I attached in my first response ? Does anybody read before they ask questions in this forum? I spelled it out so clearly and even attached the link for you, and then you ask again? Put away your keep board and start reading......

Did you not read the link I attached in my first response ? Does anybody read before they ask questions in this forum? I spelled it out so clearly and even attached the link for you, and then you ask again? Put away your keep board and start reading......

LOL. Did you read his response? The link doesn't work. Foot, in, mouth.

Back
Top Bottom