Will loose roaches in my enclosure breed?

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
So at one point I dropped a few dubia roaches in my bioactive enclosure and they got away. I’ve seen them in my enclosure a couple of times but I couldn’t catch them. Once there was a couple of them under a piece of leaf litter, and I caught one. Today I saw one in my drainage layer. There is a gap between my screen and the drainage layer since the screen is pretty stiff. It must have gotten in between the gaps in the screen and the foam background that came with my exo terra (I regret keeping that in more and more every day). My big worry is that they will breed. Is this possible? I only have babies and I’m not planning on breeding them, but this one seems to be eating well and is double the size that it was when I dropped it.

They probably could, although our enclosures are usually not around dubia breeding temps. I had lots of roaches in some of my enclosures as part of CuC and they never bred. Most roaches actually take some time and effort to get breeding, just the several pest species that can easily get out of control.

Back
Top Bottom