Will it hurt if I don't have a tree?

ChamyLove

So today I decided that I would re arrange and deep clean Oliver's cage. I plan to post pictures later, but I just have one question:

Do I really need to have a (live) tree in there? I was ready to put it in when I looked at the cage and thought of how nice it would be to just wipe down the bottom. The tree is also losing a lot of leaves, so I thought it might be good for it to get some good sun. It's the only tree I have, so would it be a huge deal if Oliver didn't have one fir a week? I have pleanty of other fake foliage.

Also does anyone have any ideas on how I could elevate the tree so there is nothing on the bottom?

Thanks!

P.s. I'm attaching a picture of the cage right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 140
Idk but I'm not using one and chams always happy but he pretty mellow regardless hand fed on first day lol

That doesnt look too bad too me. Maybe something to cover one of the sides partially like one of those fake cannabis vines. It looks like he's in your dorm room like mine lol

That doesnt look too bad too me. Maybe something to cover one of the sides partially like one of those fake cannabis vines. It looks like he's in your dorm room like mine lol

Okay thanks! I have another thing of fake leaves I can add in there. And ya he's in my bedroom :p lol

Does it look like he has enough foliage though?

no. to me, the cage looks mostly empty with a clump of fake leaves in the middle. I would suggest way more branches and a live plant (maybe you could have a big pothos vine that would be less hassel than whatever tree you currently have?

yeah i agree with sandra looks pretty bare, to move a plant away from the bottom if you were to get a piece of wood to go across the top on the cage you can thread fishline or something to support a hanging plant like a pothos which was suggested. for a week or so dont think it will be a huge deal to leave like that though but if you have more stuff to throw in do so.

Thanks you guys! I'm going to give the tree another day to get some sun and then I'll put it in his cage. I'll try the fishing line thing next weekend when I have time to mess around with it :)

Back
Top Bottom