will I need an upgrade?

think i will get one too can get bigger and have sealed sides/back eyeing up a 2x4x4 for if i get a male amilobe

Thank you for saying so. I appreciate it.

Can I ask you a question please? I'm just wondering why I'm being asked to buy a forest lamp and not the desert one? Also, why is it 6% and not higher. I find it all very bewildering ??

Can I ask you a question please? I'm just wondering why I'm being asked to buy a forest lamp and not the desert one? Also, why is it 6% and not higher. I find it all very bewildering ??
Its a school of thought unless you have a solarmeter 6.2 or 6.5 to test your uv then to be safe get a 6 % or use distances between uv and cage & or basking elevation another option is wrap extra mesh around uvb tubes.
Also if have low quality or shared reflector using a 12% to compansate for poor economy ?

why would you buy a desert lamp if your chameleon lives in the jungle?

I've purchased everything I needed today! The viv, plants, vines, both uvb and LED bar. Spent quite a bit, but it's for a very good wee cam.
I'm moving from a ceramic bulb to a halogen 100w spot light. Just when I thought I'd finished buying, I'm reading that I might need a DIMMER SWITCH! Surely he'll move on to a cooler spot if it gets too warm inside? I not using a dimmer on my current ceramic bulb.

I've purchased everything I needed today! The viv, plants, vines, both uvb and LED bar. Spent quite a bit, but it's for a very good wee cam.
I'm moving from a ceramic bulb to a halogen 100w spot light. Just when I thought I'd finished buying, I'm reading that I might need a DIMMER SWITCH! Surely he'll move on to a cooler spot if it gets too warm inside? I not using a dimmer on my current ceramic bulb.
you should just use an incandescant house bulb for heat lamp

I've ordered it. I'm using a heat mat as the guy who sold me the set had it inside the vivarium. Most sites are saying, I only need a basking bulb! Handy if it's true

I've had Hammy from March. He's shedding now. He's a character. Contrary to popular belief, he enjoys being handled. He sits on my bedroom windowsill for hours enjoying the sun beaming down! ??

I've also three red eyed tree frogs, Pepé, Diesel and Levi. Nocturnal creatures so it's enjoyable watching their nighttime antics! Suits me perfectly as I don't sleep until after 3am every night.

He sits on my bedroom windowsill for hours enjoying the sun beaming down! ??
do you keep the window open when he sits by it? If you don't I reccomend you should because uvb is useless through glass and natural sunlight is the BEST source of uvb. I know its england and it can be cold but with that direct sun he'll be fine. I love it when they puff up and make themselves like a solar panel when theyre basking in sunlight!

No chance, he's tried to escape twice before. Window must be closed! The heat is great for him
if hes getting natural sunlight make sure its not through glass!! the only thing you'll end up with if your giving him heat but not uvb through glass is an overheated cham.

heat+natural uvb=happy cham (because studies show they can actually sense uvb)

just heat through glass = no use because he'll get no benefit from just heat the only thing that could happen is he gets burned.

if hes getting natural sunlight make sure its not through glass!! the only thing you'll end up with if your giving him heat but not uvb through glass is an overheated cham.

heat+natural uvb=happy cham (because studies show they can actually sense uvb)

just heat through glass = no use because he'll get no benefit from just heat the only thing that could happen is he gets burned.

Attachments

• IMG_20200414_153931.jpg
    IMG_20200414_153931.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 76
That's a shame as he seemed to enjoy it plus it gave him a break from his viv
yeah i'm sure he likes getting away from his viv (as all chams probably do) you can still take him out I would just highly recommend you give him natural uvi because without it its kinda a waste. Theres not much harm in doing it its just he could be getting more you know what i mean?

Just to note a 100w halogen bulb is roughly twice as efficient as a incandescent bulb and so 100w halagon is like a 200w regular heat bulb. Be careful with your chams casque. The are dimmable though unlike mercury vapour ?

Thanks. I'll adjust the height accordingly so it's not too hot for basking. I have a heat mat attached to a thermostat, I'll be able to get rid of both of them now.

Back
Top Bottom