Will he find his food?

Bwrigs34

i just got a nice umbrella plant for bubba today and get home to realize it's pretty big and takes up a lot of his cage. I then fed him and a lot of crickets are hard to find I can't even find them, will he find his way to them ?

I think that he should be able to get to his food. In the wild they must search for food across a very large range of space compared to their cages in captivity. When chameleons get hungry, they will hunt. If you do worry about him finding food, you can always use a feeding cup to put the food in. But honestly, I personally wouldn't go out and get a feeding cup unless I see no decrease in the amount of crickets in the cage.

Did you wash the plant well both sides of the leaves before putting it in the cage? I know that has nothing to do with finding the food but it's important.

i just got a nice umbrella plant for bubba today and get home to realize it's pretty big and takes up a lot of his cage. I then fed him and a lot of crickets are hard to find I can't even find them, will he find his way to them ?

yes, he will, this will add to his natural hunting skills that he needs, Blade has pretty much mastered this but he needs more practice

Back
Top Bottom