Will he find his food?

Discussion in 'Chameleon Food' started by Bwrigs34, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Bwrigs34

Bwrigs34 New Member

i just got a nice umbrella plant for bubba today and get home to realize it's pretty big and takes up a lot of his cage. I then fed him and a lot of crickets are hard to find I can't even find them, will he find his way to them ?

Armymom67 likes this.
  2. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Avid Member

He can probably manage better than you think, but if it worries you, you could always try using a feeder cup.

Panthro413, jamest0o0 and Trent H. like this.
  3. Bwrigs34

Bwrigs34 New Member

That's what I always used I loved it but recently he's had mixed emotions and won't eat from a cup no more

4. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Avid Member

Those crazy chams! Always gotta make it hard right?

5. Trent H.

Trent H. Member

I think that he should be able to get to his food. In the wild they must search for food across a very large range of space compared to their cages in captivity. When chameleons get hungry, they will hunt. If you do worry about him finding food, you can always use a feeding cup to put the food in. But honestly, I personally wouldn't go out and get a feeding cup unless I see no decrease in the amount of crickets in the cage.

6. kinyonga

kinyonga Chameleon Enthusiast

Did you wash the plant well both sides of the leaves before putting it in the cage? I know that has nothing to do with finding the food but it's important.

jamest0o0 likes this.
  7. jamest0o0

jamest0o0 Chameleon Enthusiast

Yes, a healthy Cham SEES ALL o_O

Armymom67 likes this.
  8. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Avid Member

Like the magic 8 ball? Lol

jamest0o0 likes this.
  9. jamest0o0

jamest0o0 Chameleon Enthusiast

10. Bwrigs34

Bwrigs34 New Member

Thanks for all the help ! I did put a feeding cup in there just for a little see how he likes it

11. Armymom67

Armymom67 New Member

yes, he will, this will add to his natural hunting skills that he needs, Blade has pretty much mastered this but he needs more practice