Will a chameleon eat all his bugs in one day while I’m gone on vacation?

sarie

I’m getting an ambilobe this saturday. I’m going on a three day trip from sunday-tuesday. this is good because he’ll have time to adjust to his enclosure. i’m going to leave probably around 36-40 crickets and roaches in a feeder cup. will he eat all of his food in one day? he is 4 months old. i also have a mistking and timer system for my lights

He will eat until he's full for sure.

Don't you have a friend who could throw some in for you? You could have them on a separate container with a little calcium powder in the container and a bit of greens with a lid on it and air holes in a not too hot area of the house and the person could just dump the whole container out in the cage ...or even just take the lid off and set the container in the cage. What about water? Lights?

He will eat until he's full for sure.

Don't you have a friend who could throw some in for you? You could have them on a separate container with a little calcium powder in the container and a bit of greens with a lid on it and air holes in a not too hot area of the house and the person could just dump the whole container out in the cage ...or even just take the lid off and set the container in the cage. What about water? Lights?
well my dad will be home but he works long hours during the day. everything from lights to misting is on a timer schedule. i might ask him to help but he knows nothing of reptile care / how many / supplementation but i’ll try to walk him thru it

Divide your bugs into three containers he can just dump into the feeder or cage each day so he doesn't have to sort them. It will also save him time. Leave some carrot in with them for food and water. If you have different feeders you need different cups. I use tall deli cups for crickets and the repurposed BSFL containers hold dubia or superworms.
IMG_1201 (1).jpg

The only way I found to feed them on a timer of sorts is to use black soldier fly larvae. It's not 100% but letting them pupate where the chameleon can't get the larvae but the adults can fly out.

Back
Top Bottom