Wild Chameleons SAFE

King4Zerg

Hi I'm proud to say that there are chameleons in my neighborhood! I would feel bad about this if the owners of the neighborhood where cutting down more trees, There not aloud to no more cutting trees down here AT ALL which is awesome! there is plenty of water for the chams lots of forest area and nice with heat! :D:D:D Sometimes I might go out and look for them at night but not to ketch them and keep them, I want them to stay in a good habit and be happy and free!

I'm in Florida, that's the only problem with their paradise Hurricanes and stuff but we are pretty far up the coast so we shouldn't get many hurricanes

Last edited:
They are native from transportation from across the sea they where released years and years ago or they escaped people would buy breed them and sell them some I'm pretty sure got away and there are now tons of area's with them if you look up stuff about the Herpers from Florida they have tons of locations of wild chams it's really neat! But now there are tons of wild chams all over Florida

I think people who have a pet python are either Morons or Neat depending on how they take care of it one guy slept with his python until it ate him when it was hungry, if you have a python I would suggest keeping it in a cage seal the cage with a screen area and have a feeding latch that can open and lock. I'm not saying that it will keep the snake in but It might work right?

Yep invasive and this is why we can't have nice things.

It's a dang shame.

All the cool bugs, and snails, ect, we can't have them because of irresponsible people who ranch, or let their pets go and cause stuff like this. :(.

If no one is going after the iguanas they won't go after the chameleons.

They are trying to go after the iguanas. I think @jannb had an article from Dr. Mader about the iguanas in Key West that are considered invasive and they are trying to do something to get rid of them. In reality, they are Native to the Keys. They arrived long ago the way many other animals are spread across regions, on floating debris after storms, etc. I think Dr. Doug even mentions this in the article if I remember correctly. Most people assume they were introduced by humans. Now the chameleons, they were introduced. Not many would survive a trip from Yemen :LOL:...

They are trying to go after the iguanas. I think @jannb had an article from Dr. Mader about the iguanas in Key West that are considered invasive and they are trying to do something to get rid of them. In reality, they are Native to the Keys. They arrived long ago the way many other animals are spread across regions, on floating debris after storms, etc. I think Dr. Doug even mentions this in the article if I remember correctly. Most people assume they were introduced by humans. Now the chameleons, they were introduced. Not many would survive a trip from Yemen :LOL:...

People are so mean to our iguanas here in the Keys and they are the most precious animals. My Iguana Piper is so smart and so kind and loving. The county has been hiring hunters to come down to the Keys and kill them for years. It’s a good thing I don’t own a gun. Over the years Dr. Doug has wrote many articals about the iguanas. Years ago Dr. Doug and three other vets here in the Keys would spay and neuter every Iguana they could get their hands to help with the population but it’s way to many for that now. Here’s Dr. Doug’s last two articals.

7CC02C6B-55F3-4903-A315-ECFCE16BE52F.jpeg
FE417644-5BD4-44B7-A6E3-93904CD0EFF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Jann! I knew I had seen some articles about this! It is a shame what is happening to the iguanas. One of my favorite memories of my trip to Key West was from our room on the third floor...

Just kinda thought we were being watched :D!
20180502_083530.jpg

Back
Top Bottom