Wild chameleon in fort myers Swfl area

Kingston239

I live in Fort myers Florida and I’ve been wanting to spot wild chameleons to photograph them in their natural habitat … does any one know any areas or locations that I can find them at night in the trees in fort myers or any areas surrounding? Thanks

Doesn’t matter what type of Cham just wanted to see them on trees and take pictures… if anyone is interested in helping or going with me to look

I have no idea where to find any, but I do know that you need to be very careful where you look. There are some humans who will shoot first and ask questions later. I would stick to looking in public wildlife refuges or parks.

Where to Find Them. There is a breeding population of Oustalet's chameleons near Florida City, Miami-Dade County. Veiled chameleons are breeding in rural areas of Fort Myers in Lee County. In addition, individuals of these and other chameleon species have been observed in Lee, Collier, Miami-Dade, and Broward counties.

Labelle is a good area to find them. Have been there several times. As for the “adapt or die” thought- I actually think Florida has proven to be a very comfortable habitat for veileds. In Yemen they often die within their first year of life.
Although it is not their native habitat. So you may not observe “exactly” natural behaviors. But they get along quite well in Florida. Dozens of established wild populations in Florida.

I have also personally found breeding populations of panther chameleons in central Florida. It’s always exciting to see these animals in the wild, even if it isn’t their native habitats.

Labelle is a good area to find them. Have been there several times. As for the “adapt or die” thought- I actually think Florida has proven to be a very comfortable habitat for veileds. In Yemen they often die within their first year of life.
Although it is not their native habitat. So you may not observe “exactly” natural behaviors. But they get along quite well in Florida. Dozens of established wild populations in Florida.

I have also personally found breeding populations of panther chameleons in central Florida. It’s always exciting to see these animals in the wild, even if it isn’t their native habitats.
those are all of the known panther spots lol. I found one, but its pretty damn far from me so Im looking for that "southwest spot" if you know what i mean.

I live in Fort myers Florida and I’ve been wanting to spot wild chameleons to photograph them in their natural habitat … does any one know any areas or locations that I can find them at night in the trees in fort myers or any areas surrounding? Thanks
Bro lmk tonight if u wanna go to somewhere to look for panthers or veilds, we are desperate to find a panther though, lmk hit me up on Snapchat Lowkeybigdaddy.

those are all of the known panther spots lol. I found one, but it’s pretty damn far from me so Im looking for that "southwest spot" if you know what i mean.
Bro if u want I’ll gladly come get you and go tonight for a panther, I went last night to orlando/lake wales and no luck, hit me up on snap and let’s talk more bro. I live in port Charlotte, I’ve found veilds but no panthers. My snap is Lowkeybigdaddy

Sounds like the LeBelle area has some great spots. I’m new to this all, where should I be looking exactly? Public parks? Forested areas? I’m over near Venice so if anyone knows anything closer that would be super helpful as well! Not looking for a specific type of cham, panthers are sick but even just a veild would be awesome

If anyone would like to trade vield spots for a panther spot I currently have 4 vields spots that have extremely large populations, with each having different colors of vields. I’d also be willing to pay for panther coordinates in the southwest area.
5F62FB52-157C-41BA-AA29-8BD464BDA89B.jpeg

558FF625-FFC0-45D1-B291-D76327466711.jpeg

Attachments

• 3B6C2AD9-A5A2-461F-883A-F86472BC0166.jpeg
    3B6C2AD9-A5A2-461F-883A-F86472BC0166.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 97
Great looking. My daughters caught some veiled in LaBelle and brought them to me Palmdale

I don't live in the mainland but in Hawaii there is a wild population of Jackson chameleons. I found one when I went hiking! Maybe you should go on a hiking trail where you live and look carefully?

Bro lmk tonight if u wanna go to somewhere to look for panthers or veilds, we are desperate to find a panther though, lmk hit me up on Snapchat Lowkeybigdaddy.
Go to Labelle Florida it’s not far from Fort Myers there’s massive populations of veiled chameleons just shine the trees at night

Not asking the specifics, but may I ask what city in Central Florida.

Back
Top Bottom