Wild caught before/after

Foist

So I found a wc Ambanja that looks great but looks like he is looking sickly. So for any of you out there that have had wc before or still have if you have pictures before you got them and after they were treated with care that would be great. Here's a picture of him how much better would he look in proper care? I'm not saying his current owner is mis treating but they don't take in wc's as pets most of the time.
http://i.imgur.com/xXwOqHD.jpg

So I found a wc Ambanja that looks great but looks like he is looking sickly. So for any of you out there that have had wc before or still have if you have pictures before you got them and after they were treated with care that would be great. Here's a picture of him how much better would he look in proper care? I'm not saying his current owner is mis treating but they don't take in wc's as pets most of the time.
http://i.imgur.com/xXwOqHD.jpg

I'm confused...did you mean that this Ambanja looks great now? Or, that he looks sickly now? Are you asking whether WE think he looks great?

His eyes are not sunken, his casque looks pretty full, legs look straight and strong, pretty good body condition. Looks like he has some healed scratches on his skin...nothing recent or infected. He basically looks as if he's had a life in the wild rather than being pampered in a cage.

I'm confused...did you mean that this Ambanja looks great now? Or, that he looks sickly now? Are you asking whether WE think he looks great?

His eyes are not sunken, his casque looks pretty full, legs look straight and strong, pretty good body condition. Looks like he has some healed scratches on his skin...nothing recent or infected. He basically looks as if he's had a life in the wild rather than being pampered in a cage.

That's what I'm saying. Wild caughts always have a certain "tint". He looks healthy but I'm wondering what happens to everyone's wc's after they are pampered.

Stress from importation can take a toll on a recently wild caught chameleon's "tint"/looks. What they look like after being cared for properly is one of the most rewarding aspects of working with WC pardalis.

IMO wild caughts look and skinny and dark usually the top of their heads are sunken in from dehydration,after being pampered they dont get dark as much and the top of their heads gets full after hydration and their arms get fuller

They usually also look much better once that dark dirty old skin sheds. My WC Dhaul was 66g when we got him and that was at a full grown size. He now is almost 100g heavier and looks great, but you have to treat the coccidia and other parasites.

Dhaulagiri on arrival
903363_10151285469106895_83700711_o.jpg

And a more recent pic (he has probably put on 40g since this photo)
466595_10150657572571895_592441700_n.jpg

Last edited:
They usually also look much better once that dark dirty old skin sheds. My WC Dhaul was 66g when we got him and that was at a full grown size. He now is almost 100g heavier and looks great, but you have to treat the coccidia and other parasites.

Dhaulagiri on arrival
903363_10151285469106895_83700711_o.jpg

And a more recent pic (he has probably put on 40g since this photo)
466595_10150657572571895_592441700_n.jpg
Ya that dark tone they have. He looks awesome by the way.

Back
Top Bottom