Width and length of feeder insects question

Kronos

Established Member
So, I have been doing a ton of research every day, I never go by what I first read or hear, I always double check, triple check, quadruple check and so on and so forth about information online. You can never really trust what you first read online. So I always research. I am very thorough. But sometimes no matter how thorough you are, it’s still hard to come up with the right answer. So I’m putting this out there to you lovely people that are much more familiar with a panther chameleons than we are. This is a question concerning how wide or long his food can be. I have read that the insect can not be any wider than the space between his eyes and that it CAN be longer. Is that true??? We haven’t fed him anything longer or wider than between his eyes. But would like to try to feed him longer worms, not much longer, of course but definitely no wider than his eyes, if possible. Would love to have everyone’s opinion on that and whether or not its true.

I would just be careful. If you think about it, the length between his eyes are is about what his mouth way is. So basically you don’t want anything bigger that could present a challenge to swallow. I’m not sure all of the details of it though..

I would just be careful. If you think about it, the length between his eyes are is about what his mouth way is. So basically you don’t want anything bigger that could present a challenge to swallow. I’m not sure all of the details of it though..
We haven’t given him anything that’s too big. Was just curious. Thank you for your info, we appreciate every bit of help we can get.

Yup it's width that you want to be aware of. That said, I've never seen a chameleon instantly try to eat something it couldn't handle. They will almost always turn down something too large. Good to be on the safe side by not offering something too big, but just to ease your mind a little.

Back
Top Bottom