Why will my Veiled only eat crickets?????????

yodathepanther

Established Member
Our boy Mac is doing well but i just have one question, why will he only eat crickets? we offer crickets,dubia roaches, and correct size hornworms to him everday and eats around the roaches and hornworms only for the crickets, sometimes we even give him more crickets because there wasnt that many in the originial cup.. is this because hes too young? possibly scared? used to previously only eating crickets his whole life? Anything you guys may think or know id appreciate to hear!

Chams are picky eaters! What you're experiencing is not abnormal. My first chameleon wouldn't touch hornworms either, which I always found so annoying (because they're supposed to be one of their favorites). Their palettes do tend to change with time, though. Dubias are an especially hard sell to some chams. I recently got an orange head roach colony and I find that my panther chameleon like them leaps and bounds more than dubia! They are more colorful and more active, which helps.

One tried and true method to encourage them to eat new foods is to go a couple days without feeding anything. Then when you add in feeders they're not as used to, they will already be hungry and more likely to try the new food

Our boy Mac is doing well but i just have one question, why will he only eat crickets? we offer crickets,dubia roaches, and correct size hornworms to him everday and eats around the roaches and hornworms only for the crickets, sometimes we even give him more crickets because there wasnt that many in the originial cup.. is this because hes too young? possibly scared? used to previously only eating crickets his whole life? Anything you guys may think or know id appreciate to hear!
Try placing the hornworm on a branch to crawl on. My veiled will only eat them that way:rolleyes:....and roaches have to crawl upside down:confused: on the screen roof. Picky little boy. He not only knows what he wants, but how to get it too.:ROFLMAO:

He ate his first horn worm!! Sadly it was one of the last small ones i have gonna have to get another 20 pack of them i hate how fast they grow they turn into giant blue monsters so quick but all i had to do was leave the worm on his vine and after 5 mins or so he got it!

He ate his first horn worm!! Sadly it was one of the last small ones i have gonna have to get another 20 pack of them i hate how fast they grow they turn into giant blue monsters so quick but all i had to do was leave the worm on his vine and after 5 mins or so he got it!
Put them in a fridge for a day or keep them in a wine fridge

I had the same issue with Butters didn't eat anything else only locusts. Take us a year but finally yesterday he started to eat some worms too, don't give up

I get the top two shelves...the bug get the last two:D. They are not allowed to drink my wine!:mad:
I tried to take over the giant wine fridge, had to move the bugs to the smaller one, smaller one broke, now have a mini fridge set at 56* (I believe, it might be in the 60s?). Frozen turtle food and wheat bran (grain mites possible) in freezer, supplements and feeders in fridge part

I tried to take over the giant wine fridge, had to move the bugs to the smaller one, smaller one broke, now have a mini fridge set at 56* (I believe, it might be in the 60s?). Frozen turtle food and wheat bran (grain mites possible) in freezer, supplements and feeders in fridge part
I tried the mini fridge once but mine stayed too cold. What kind of turtle? I have a Sulcata tortoise. Only bugs go in my wine cooler...other foods can go in fridge...hubby can't handle bugs in there.:ROFLMAO:

I tried the mini fridge once but mine stayed too cold. What kind of turtle? I have a Sulcata tortoise. Only bugs go in my wine cooler...other foods can go in fridge...hubby can't handle bugs in there.:ROFLMAO:
The classic red eared slider. Just upgraded her to a 150 x-tall tank!

Back
Top Bottom