Why The Horror Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horror stories?:eek:
Things happen, animals get sick.
People on here help new chameleon owners every day with anything from husbandry issues to diseases. It's a lovely place, really.

Animals are unpredictable, just because you buy a reptile doesn't make you a pro at it, it takes time and money. Some people may not be ready for a chameleon or know exactly what comes with taking care of one.

Inexperienced like myself have got A LOT of great information from this site to help me with my first chameleon.

So really anything is possible when having a chameleon, good things and bad things. This site has people here to help and if you follow the great info then should have no problems. Also depends on Chameleon.

ok that was just to gain attention. Im new to owning a chameleon but i researched lots. Read lots of books. Then i set up my terrarium and now i have a fantastic Veiled chameleon. Pics are now on this site. But i aint no newbie when it comes to reptiles. From some of the posts i read on this site you owners just need to chill out. let your new buddy settle in, in his, hers own way. The resullts are rewarding my chameleon only had him 2 months now loves to come out be petted etc. I will add i make an effort to handle him every day ;)

This is not a site for ONLY professionals. We do have professionals but we also have people who just bought their first chameleon. Both are welcome here. This is a site for chameleon people, all of them new owners, owned chameleons for years, professionals, and even those who are researching and do not yet own a chameleon.

We are all here to help each other so that we can all become the best keepers we can be. "The horror stories" are people who have a problem and are learning to solve it. Maybe it is minor and we can advise on a husbandry issue, maybe they need a vet. Maybe it is too late for that chameleon. We are not vets and can only offer limited help. But we do offer help & guidance to each other and any who ask for it.

Well thats just where inexperience comes in and also big part of it is just being worried and concerned, even if nothing to be concerned about, they just want to make sure everything is normal and they are doing the right thing

ok that was just to gain attention. Im new to owning a chameleon but i researched lots. Read lots of books. Then i set up my terrarium and now i have a fantastic Veiled chameleon. Pics are now on this site. But i aint no newbie when it comes to reptiles. From some of the posts i read on this site you owners just need to chill out. let your new buddy settle in, in his, hers own way. The resullts are rewarding my chameleon only had him 2 months now loves to come out be petted etc. I will add i make an effort to handle him every day ;)

I chose to believe this is a joke. Chameleons do not enjoy being "petted". They are not a cat or a dog. If you have researched and read lots of books, could you explain where you got the idea you could pet your chameleon? Just me wanting to understand.

This forum is for anyone that wants information about chameleons. I have only had my pygmys for a little over a week and have received a lot of helpful advice and information from the site. It's a place to learn how to take care of the animals as best as possible.

Well thats just where inexperience comes in and also big part of it is just being worried and concerned, even if nothing to be concerned about, they just want to make sure everything is normal and they are doing the right thing

Ok Point taken but to actually become a owner you should reasearch ?
A Chameleon is not just for Christmas.

I understand there is somewhat a little bit of unecessary fear around chameleons, if you do correct research and ask question they are not hard to take care of (common breeds) but no need for sarcasm.

I chose to believe this is a joke. Chameleons do not enjoy being "petted". They are not a cat or a dog. If you have researched and read lots of books, could you explain where you got the idea you could pet your chameleon? Just me wanting to understand.

No Joke maybe i video he will be waiting front of enclosure i offer my hand with a wax worm and he will take it then i can just pick him up i stroke him under his chin he is happy. Ive seen vids of jemens throwing head about biting but not my jemen :)

the last time you bought a new car, did you just casually stroll into the dealership and buy the first car you saw or did you go over and take yourtime, read the sticker options, maybe ask a few questions from the salesman or just say thank you and go to another different car company and see what they have in stock? why shouldnt I, as a new, hopefull, owner in the near future not come to this site and ask any and all questions in relation to chameleons according to health issues, husbandry, habitation etc etc as opposed to just buying one and throwing it into a cage and hope that it survives and not end up being a waste of $$$$ in the long run?

Ok Point taken but to actually become a owner you should reasearch ?
A Chameleon is not just for Christmas.

Most people do research before becoming an owner, but unexpected things happen and it's nice having a place to go to ask questions and get advice.

Dave - I do not really understand what you are after here. Humor? Just something to do because you're bored? First you insulted the site (which is the first thing that other newcomers like yourself will read and it doesn't cast anything in a good light), then proclaimed yourself as a new owner, now are insulting people who don't do the research. It's one of the reasons people aren't comfortable posting on this site. I guess I just don't see your goal. Why not just introduce yourself in a normal way like everyone else does? I'm not trying to be obnoxious here or enforce any rules, I guess your style of intro just left a sour taste after reading it...

Is someone on the Charlie Sheen?
This site has more information than a simple book available for purchase . It is constantly updated with better techniques and ideas on how to improve your chameleons life.

If they fear their Cham is in bad health why would you not ask people that have knowledge on what they would do in the situation?Not everyone are as professional as you, obviously.

Dave - I do not really understand what you are after here. Humor? Just something to do because you're bored? First you insulted the site (which is the first thing that other newcomers like yourself will read and it doesn't cast anything in a good light), then proclaimed yourself as a new owner, now are insulting people who don't do the research. It's one of the reasons people aren't comfortable posting on this site. I guess I just don't see your goal. Why not just introduce yourself in a normal way like everyone else does? I'm not trying to be obnoxious here or enforce any rules, I guess your style of intro just left a sour taste after reading it...
No humour and sorry ive offended people but i am a person who does not suffer fools gladly. I am a new owner of a Chameleon but not new to reptiles mammals etc.

I joined this site after i became an owner. If i had read some of the posts on here before i was an owner i would have had second thoughts. That is my point :)

I call "troll".

This site is immensely helpful. I became member a few months before owning a panther. Now I own 9, have had a successful breeding, hope to raise young, and I am still learning something new every single time I visit. You will not find a better resource, from beginner to veteran, anywhere IMO.

I call "troll".

This site is immensely helpful. I became member a few months before owning a panther. Now I own 9, have had a successful breeding, hope to raise young, and I am still learning something new every single time I visit. You will not find a better resource, from beginner to veteran, anywhere IMO.

Troll hmm i take offence to that i have never ben trolled on any forum.
Maybe i end my membership here :(

You dont have to end your membership dude, this forum is one of the most dedicated I have seen, you wont see much name calling or caplocks around here. Its not a rowdy forum like some of the ones you have probably been on, so when you barge in with cap locks and color on your first rant, its sorta like talking too lood in a library.

The people here are serious and mature. Enjoy your stay and hope that you learn about chameleons, thats what brings us all here! Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom