Why my Jackson’s looks like this

wprazak

Can anyone tell me why my Cham looks like this? She didn’t always look like this
Longated mid section

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 93
My first cham was a female Jacksons years ago. If she wasnt captive raised, she may be pregnant. May be why she seems larger than what you are accustomed to

Not entirely sure. I had mine for a few weeks before she started passing slugs. She ended up passing away shortly after. I had picked her up from Petsmart because I didnt want to see her suffer in a tiny acrylic tank. Be ready to feed hungry little jacksons if she does give birth. Start to read and plan ahead even if she isnt pregnant

I do not. Sorry. But if y’all say she looks fine then I’m just a worrisome William. She had 3 turds in her cage today. Crazy. And thank you and everyone else for the help.

Darn! I typed she might just have lots of poop but deleted since I was sharing my female that did not poop for 3 days (huge dropping). Figured it was to silly. Guess not. (y)
Mine also dropped eggs one time (if they were 100 times bigger I would have made an omelet ) but I keep the male away, since I did not want more babies. That was 1.5 years ago and she has never had any more.

Thanks for being concerned always nice looking at other chameleons.

Actually I have pictures of her bout a week ago.

Attachments

• FB7867CE-4699-4F44-A675-57CDD6B7B7B8.jpeg
    FB7867CE-4699-4F44-A675-57CDD6B7B7B8.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 52
  • CC7E811A-A113-42DA-9004-33E4F0CB3BE0.jpeg
    CC7E811A-A113-42DA-9004-33E4F0CB3BE0.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 68
  • E4327ECB-E330-4AF3-9BCD-1B18B7DF310A.jpeg
    E4327ECB-E330-4AF3-9BCD-1B18B7DF310A.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 54
Nice!
I was wondering where you got her from and how old she is (or how long you have had her), the reason i ask is: Over the years I have purchased wild caught ones and after treatment and a few sheddings they loose the greenish and turn blueish. The babies I have raised from both wild caught and captive bred all seem to miss the green phase. :unsure: I am sure others might chime in and explain why, but all I can think of is the food, vitamins and light we supply. I am just guessing.
Thanks

I have purchased from them before and had pretty good luck and experience.
You have a nice Jackson and yes she is getting ready to shed.

This is just my opinion and it does not look as if she has any issues.
I always say this so you don't have to... A wellness check by a vet is always beneficial since she can be monitored over time. My last one was 65 bucks and worth the peace of mind. If you chose to, explain it is a wellness check and your looking for things that may ha and possibly find something not noticeable. Peace of mind with such a nice looking animal. JMHO (y) not everyone can spend $$$ at this time and as some of my acquaintances would say "I would rather spend it on a nice bottle of wine then a lizard". Yes, I correct them and say, "yes, a lizard but a CHAMELEON" worth it. And think to myself, that wine will soon be down the toilet. My justification. ha ha

Thanks again for sharing.

I’ve invested well over a $1000. So I’m not letting anything happen to my princess. I took her to the vet when I first got her, but the vet I am not necessarily a fan of, due to the fact she didn’t know really anything about my species of chameleon. She kept referring to her laying eggs for one but the first thing she said was where are the horns? I said female Jackson’s Chameleon don’t have horns. So yea, but I’m ready for a follow up visit with a good vet very soon.

Great! If you get a cheap microscope or have one already, it is fascinating looking at things only Vets, Dr, helpers, professors, students see. I started because I use to raise Seahorses and would buy wild shrimp (mistake), but all the micro stuff is amazing and I was able to see parasites and pathogens that were a big no (my first step into treating what I can see). I figured why should the experts be the only ones to see the cool stuff.
Good luck! Your dedication is why she is so healthy looking. (y)

Back
Top Bottom