Why is the picture on the package different then the fixture in the box?

So, quick quesh...I’m new to the world of chams & just got my baby nosy Faly Panther 2 weeks ago! He’s doing great but I originally bought him an 18” Zilla Tropical Slimeline T8 light fixture but read that the T5 is better...plus my terrarium is 30” long so decided to upgrade & buy the 30” Reptisun T5 HO light fixture & bulb on amazon. However, when I opened the package, the bulb is barely longer than the one I have now!! And on the box, it displays a bulb running almost the entire length of the fixture (minus an inch or so on either side) but the one I got is over 4” short on each side! Is anyone else’s like that? Is that how they advertise their product or did I buy the wrong fixture or was the wrong fixture put inside this box?! I’m so confused! Any thoughts on this? Should I just keep using the T8 & return this one? I don’t see much of a difference it would make since it’s barely only a couple inches longer. Thanks!

Attachments

• 07554122-A4C9-4674-9A8C-B9455E788E02.jpeg
    07554122-A4C9-4674-9A8C-B9455E788E02.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 96
So, quick quesh...I’m new to the world of chams & just got my baby nosy Faly Panther 2 weeks ago! He’s doing great but I originally bought him an 18” Zilla Tropical Slimeline T8 light fixture but read that the T5 is better...plus my terrarium is 30” long so decided to upgrade & buy the 30” Reptisun T5 HO light fixture & bulb on amazon. However, when I opened the package, the bulb is barely longer than the one I have now!! And on the box, it displays a bulb running almost the entire length of the fixture (minus an inch or so on either side) but the one I got is over 4” short on each side! Is anyone else’s like that? Is that how they advertise their product or did I buy the wrong fixture or was the wrong fixture put inside this box?! I’m so confused! Any thoughts on this? Should I just keep using the T8 & return this one? I don’t see much of a difference it would make since it’s barely only a couple inches longer. Thanks!
So they do not actually make a 28 inch bulb for a 30 inch fixture. So instead you get this a 30 inch fixture that they center a 22 inch bulb in. :(

This is better then your T8... I would not return it.

So they do not actually make a 28 inch bulb for a 30 inch fixture. So instead you get this a 30 inch fixture that they center a 22 inch bulb in. :(

This is better then your T8... I would not return it.
Interesting ? Just seems odd that they advertise it filling the fixture on the box. I call, false advertising!!!! Lol ? But I guess a couple inches more of light is better for my little guy so I’ll keep it??

What size is your terrarium?
I know your current enclosure is 30"W, but you didn't mention the other dimensions. :)

An adult panther should have an enclosure at least 24"x24"x48"H.
If you're beginning with a smaller enclosure until your cham gets larger (not necessary—they do fine in a full-size enclosure from the get-go), I'd think ahead to what size bulb & fixture you'll need for the adult enclosure.

If you're planning on upgrading to a 24x24x48, I'd return the oversize fixture, and get the 24" fixture, which is the right size for the 24x24x48.

YMMV

What size is your terrarium?
I know your current enclosure is 30"W, but you didn't mention the other dimensions. :)

An adult panther should have an enclosure at least 24"x24"x48"H.
If you're beginning with a smaller enclosure until your cham gets larger (not necessary—they do fine in a full-size enclosure from the get-go), I'd think ahead to what size bulb & fixture you'll need for the adult enclosure.

If you're planning on upgrading to a 24x24x48, I'd return the oversize fixture, and get the 24" fixture, which is the right size for the 24x24x48.

YMMV
The other dimensions are 50” tall & depth of 22” (I custom built it, that’s why it’s different then the norm) but I was just asking about the light fixture itself. I did decide to keep it but just annoyed at the company for portraying on the box that the fixture fit a bulb almost end to end.

The photo on the packaging might be of a model that has since been modified. Maybe newer ballasts are bigger and take up more space on each end of the fixture. The company could have chosen not to change all their packaging for every modification of a light that still functions as advertised; economic or hassle factor. I've gotten lots of consumer products that weren't exactly like the image on the box. Just arrange your perches so he spends his time under the tube, not the ends of the fixture.

Back
Top Bottom