Why is My Veiled Eating Soil so Often?

caseywagz

I recently got potted plants from a nursery, and lately, my male veiled chameleon has been munching on the soil that my bromeliad is potted in. There is no fertilizer in the soil, but he will just go up to the pot and start eating the soil like it's dessert. Is this a sign that he is lacking in nutrients? It hasn't seemed to make him sick, but I am worried this is a sign of something about his health.

The soil eating is suspected to happen because of a lack in the diet...but it hasn't been proven and there could be other reasons for it too.

What do you feed the insects? What do you dust the insects with?

The soil eating is suspected to happen because of a lack in the diet...but it hasn't been proven and there could be other reasons for it too.

What do you feed the insects? What do you dust the insects with?
I feed the crickets Fluker's high-calcium cricket diet flakes, and also Fluker's cricket quencher water supplement. And twice or three times a week i dust the crickets in a white calcium powder. And he seems to want crickets all day! He acts starving but I promise you he isn't.

I feed the crickets Fluker's high-calcium cricket diet flakes, and also Fluker's cricket quencher water supplement. And twice or three times a week i dust the crickets in a white calcium powder. And he seems to want crickets all day! He acts starving but I promise you he isn't.
oh, thats why. he needs calcium without d3 every feeding, and calcium with d3 every two weeks. he needs also a multivitamin supplement every two weeks. Also, feed the crix fruits and vegetables.
Plums? | Chameleon Forums

Back
Top Bottom