Why is my Jackson constantly climbing on the screen?

View attachment 291390
Would this work? I found them at homedepot.
Probably not. With a bulb that actually uses 29 watts, I doubt it would get temps up high enough. You have to be careful when buying bulbs nowadays because everything has the word "replacement" or "equivalent" and then states underneath it that it "uses only (insert smaller wattage here)." Essentially, you want to find a bulb that is not a "replacement" or that the "only uses..." is around 45 watts or higher for incandescent bulbs.

The "replacement" part means that this light is bright enough to replace a bulb with 40 watts, in your case, while actually using 29 watts. This bulb is more efficient in creating light while also keeping heat output low. If they have a 75-watt replacement that uses 45 or more watts, then that should suffice. The key is to find out how many watts the bulb actually uses.

Or just come to/order from Texas. Sadly (for the environment, not for cham lights), non-efficient bulbs are the standard here!
Hahaha, I've thought about driving out-of-state for good bulbs! If I'm ever unhappy with my LEDs, I'll definitely come down to Texas (my sister actually just moved there). Having actual incandescent bulbs at a hardware store is literally my dream!

Though making LEDs work as a basking light has been a good journey too, just more stressful b/c it's hit or miss. Luckily I haven't been banned from Amazon for my many returns 😁

Probably not. With a bulb that actually uses 29 watts, I doubt it would get temps up high enough. You have to be careful when buying bulbs nowadays because everything has the word "replacement" or "equivalent" and then states underneath it that it "uses only (insert smaller wattage here)." Essentially, you want to find a bulb that is not a "replacement" or that the "only uses..." is around 45 watts or higher for incandescent bulbs.

The "replacement" part means that this light is bright enough to replace a bulb with 40 watts, in your case, while actually using 29 watts. This bulb is more efficient in creating light while also keeping heat output low. If they have a 75-watt replacement that uses 45 or more watts, then that should suffice. The key is to find out how many watts the bulb actually uses.
Thanks so much! You have been very helpful! I found a 60-watt replacement that actually uses 45 watts so I bought 20 of them.

Illegal to sell not illegal to have unless you know something I don't.
You can still buy the reptile blue bulbs tat pet stores that are incandescent too bad they are such junk.

Not in Texas as far as I know
I think California is the only state so far to have an efficacy of 45 lumens per watt--which is something that only LEDs can do.

This article states that everyone should be following this news as this standard could spread to other states--though I think Texas is the last place where a incandescent ban would occur. You should be good for a long time!

Back
Top Bottom