- Your Chameleon - Male, Veiled, I was told he was 1 year old when I got him. I've had him for 2 weeks.
- Handling - I haven't handled him yet. I'm giving him time to adjust to his new environment.
- Feeding - His main diet consist of crickets and roaches. They are gut-loaded with sweet potato, carrots, green dandelion, and collard greens. He gets fed every other day.
- Supplements - Zoo Med Repti Calcium without D3 for every feeding, Zoo Med Repti Calcium with D3 twice a month, and Reptivite without D3 twice a month.
- Watering - I mist his enclosure twice a day and have a dripper on top. I recently added a humidifier at the bottom of the cage.
- Fecal Description - His feces are brown and solid and another one was white with some orange, fairly solid as well. He has not been tested for parasites.
- History - The previous owner was dusting the crickets with Herptivite and Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 every feeding.
- Cage Type - Reptibreeze XL screen cage. 24"x24"x48"
- Lighting - For UVB I have a 14" Zoo Med Reptisun T5 Ho hood with a 5.0 UVB T5 HO Linear Lamp. For heat I use a Zoo Med clamp lamp with a 40w incandescent bulb. Both lights are on for 12 hours- 7am to 7pm.
- Temperature - cage floor is 70 and basking spot is 91° F. Lowest temp is around 68° F. I have a thermometer on the bottom and the heat lamp is connected to a thermostat that keeps the temperature at 91° F
- Humidity - My humidity ranges from 40 to 60%. I mist the enclosure twice a day for approximately 3 minutes each time. I use a humidity gauge to measure the humidity. I also have a humidifier outside the cage
- Plants - I have a Schefflera Alpine Jr and a small ficus tree
- Placement - The cage is located in a corner of my living room, approximately 3 ft away from a window. The top of the cage is 6 ft from the floor.
- Location - San Francisco, CA
He has a basking spot thats 91° F, so i don’t think he’s trying to get warmer. Also, when he’s hanging upside down he goes to the opposite side of where the heat lamp is.
The humidifier is outside his cage, is it possible that it’s scaring him and trying to get away from it?
Any help is appreciated.
348.9 KB Views: 50
205.9 KB Views: 60