Why is he so dark

Hunterjumper

Rango is my 3 month old panther he always sems so dark. When i took him out of his shipping container he was light and sometimes when he eats he turns light colors. Should i be concerned I am a new cham owner.
image_zpsbba2373c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It should stay roughly the same temp.

How are you measuring the temp?

How much foliage is in his cage?

measuring the temp with a prob its an accuright thermometer, there is a large amount of foliage in the cage...here is some of it there is also a live ficus in the middle of the cage in a pot in orgnic potting soil and rocks over the soil. He is eating crickets and roaches dusted with calcium no D3. Have had him less than a week so I have not given multi vitamin D3 or vitamin A yet. Ordered silk worms today. humidity stays around 75 i have an automatic misting system.
image_zps730f8cf0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

no other chams are around him he is in a reptile room in my house with a closed door no traffic except when i go in there. we have snakes in that room but they are in a rack system and can not be seen. i have a bearded dragon in a cage with a paper background around 3 sides and is not visible to him i also have a turtle which range can see at some times depending where thr turtle swims.

Most likely hes just getting used to his environment.

He isn't going to be brightly colored all the time right now as he is still very young.

Do you have a uvb bulb?

He's a sexy looking guy, can't wait to see his color change!
A little more info on the Cham. He's in a 16x16x 20 cage. Mist king goes off 4 times a day for 3 mins each time. And gets hand misted 1-2 times a day. He loves his mistings.
Hunter is my gf

thanks for the info i will keep a close eye on him hes eating drinking and deficating well...can hand feed him already so i think hes doing ok just alittle concerned about the color bc have never owned a cham before.

Back
Top Bottom