Why Is He A Rough Faced Chameleon?

jlif

Your Chameleon - Panther, Male, and 2 yrs old. 1 year 9months in my care
Handling - Handled about 1 to 2 times a month.
Primary Feeders are dubia and lobster Roaches. At least 4-7 a day. Some in the morning and some at night. I breed my own feeders. Food/Gutload is available to the insects 24/7
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering -MistKing Misting daily 7pm-7:30 pm, 2am-2:05am & 6am-6:30am. Fogger: 11 pm to 6:30 am nightly. Yes, I see my Chameleon drinking.
Fecal Description - White and brown. Yes he has been tested negative for parasites?.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - A Zen Habitat 48x24x48 (Glass, Screen, Combo)
Lighting - Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 T5-HO UVB Fluorescent Reptile Lamp 24x22 in 7am on to 6:30 pm off
Temperature - Ambient temp 76 degrees. Evening ambient temp 60-65degrees. Basking temp 86 degree. During the winter months a lightless heat lamp remains to keep the ambient temp from dropping below 60.
Humidity - During the day 56% humidity, 86% during the evening fogging hours. How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Ambient room humidity, misting systems and fogger. What do you use to measure humidity? ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge with Temperature Humidity Monitor
Plants - Corn Plant, & Swiss Cheese plant
Placement - In the garage
Location - Nevada.
History - A year ago my cham had developed mouth rot. A veterinarian treated his mouth rot with a course of antibiotics. I also limited excess watering during the day and increased airflow including the PC fan in order to move the air around more.

Current Problem - For the last two months the left side of my cham's face is looking rough. I am not sure if it is a stuck shed, hard water deposits or if he is preparing to shed. If I could have the members of the forum take a look at the pics provided and let me know your opinions about what's going on.

Yes, sorry. I meant to upload them originally and didn't.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.jpg
    IMG_5046.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5047.jpg
    IMG_5047.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5048.jpg
    IMG_5048.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5045.jpg
    IMG_5045.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 92
Your Chameleon - Panther, Male, and 2 yrs old. 1 year 9months in my care
Handling - Handled about 1 to 2 times a month.
Primary Feeders are dubia and lobster Roaches. At least 4-7 a day. Some in the morning and some at night. I breed my own feeders. Food/Gutload is available to the insects 24/7
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering -MistKing Misting daily 7pm-7:30 pm, 2am-2:05am & 6am-6:30am. Fogger: 11 pm to 6:30 am nightly. Yes, I see my Chameleon drinking.
Fecal Description - White and brown. Yes he has been tested negative for parasites?.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - A Zen Habitat 48x24x48 (Glass, Screen, Combo)
Lighting - Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 T5-HO UVB Fluorescent Reptile Lamp 24x22 in 7am on to 6:30 pm off
Temperature - Ambient temp 76 degrees. Evening ambient temp 60-65degrees. Basking temp 86 degree. During the winter months a lightless heat lamp remains to keep the ambient temp from dropping below 60.
Humidity - During the day 56% humidity, 86% during the evening fogging hours. How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Ambient room humidity, misting systems and fogger. What do you use to measure humidity? ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge with Temperature Humidity Monitor
Plants - Corn Plant, & Swiss Cheese plant
Placement - In the garage
Location - Nevada.
History - A year ago my cham had developed mouth rot. A veterinarian treated his mouth rot with a course of antibiotics. I also limited excess watering during the day and increased airflow including the PC fan in order to move the air around more.

Current Problem - For the last two months the left side of my cham's face is looking rough. I am not sure if it is a stuck shed, hard water deposits or if he is preparing to shed. If I could have the members of the forum take a look at the pics provided and let me know your opinions about what's going on.
Hello he's a beauty! I agree. It looks like he's about to shed. When they’re older they shed different areas at different times. But I noticed a couple things incorrect with your husbandry. Your basking temp is 86 degrees, that's A little hot should be closer to 80. Also. You feed your 2 yr old every day twice. .. he should only be getting fed once in the morning. It takes a while to digest their food with the basking lights. So it should be in the morning. Also you said you feed every day 4-7 feeders. At this age he should he getting fed 3-4 feeders 3 days a week & more variety is best.

Your Furcifer pardalis looks as though he could use some time under a good UVA/UVB light, have some good hydration and a good healthy diet of feeder insects. Then your Furcifer pardalis should look it top condition. He looks healthy.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Hello he's a beauty! I agree. It looks like he's about to shed. When they’re older they shed different areas at different times. But I noticed a couple things incorrect with your husbandry. Your basking temp is 86 degrees, that's A little hot should be closer to 80. Also. You feed your 2 yr old every day twice. .. he should only be getting fed once in the morning. It takes a while to digest their food with the basking lights. So it should be in the morning. Also you said you feed every day 4-7 feeders. At this age he should he getting fed 3-4 feeders 3 days a week & more variety is best.
Thank You for the advice. I can implement the changes you mention starting tomorrow.

Your Furcifer pardalis looks as though he could use some time under a good UVA/UVB light, have some good hydration and a good healthy diet of feeder insects. Then your Furcifer pardalis should look it top condition. He looks healthy.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I should be thinking about replacing the UV Blubs. They are close to a yr old. As for hydration, I am currently playing with misting times. As is, I have three misting cycles. M,W,F,Su -7pm to 7:30pm, Everyday at 2:30am - 2:45am and 6am to 6:30am. Finally I have a fogger going from 11 pm to 6:30 am.

I should be thinking about replacing the UV Blubs. They are close to a yr old. As for hydration, I am currently playing with misting times. As is, I have three misting cycles. M,W,F,Su -7pm to 7:30pm, Everyday at 2:30am - 2:45am and 6am to 6:30am. Finally I have a fogger going from 11 pm to 6:30 am.
Furcifer pardalis do not require as much moisture as montane species. They can handle and thrive in a watering schedule of one good misting to two lighter mistings a day, plus a fogger to keep the humidity in the humidity range you want. Misting three times a day for Furcifer pardalis seems excessive.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Just make certain you are not over-watering your Furcifer pardalis. When given to much water chameleons/Furcifer pardalis can experience problems such as algae, shedding problems and behavior problems (chameleons that are acclimated to dry condition being put into abnormally wet conditions). My guidance about the topic.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom