Why is everyone sold out of silkworms?

John33871

whats going on, does anyone know of anyone who has silkworms? i looked were i normally get them from but are all sold out, and i really need some. anyone got any ideas?

It's a temporary situation. Maybe time of year?
Coastal says they will have them in 10 days or so.

-Brad

It's winter.

If you wanted them.. you should get some eggs and hatch them out yourself
it's really the only way unless you can drive by the hatchery/ supplier
and pick them up yourself (leave the car's heater on...)

Eggs came in late this year, so there was a gap between hatching. Our eggs have already started to hatch, just a matter of getting caught back up. We have also been the only ones with silkworms for the last few weeks and we've been swamped with orders. In other words a lot of new customers that cleaned us out. Check back on the site daily for updates, sorry about the delay but we're doing our best to get caught back up.

eggs

I wouldn't even bother hatching the eggs yourself if coastal will be up and running soon. You can get 1000 small silkworms for like $10 more than 1000 eggs or something like that. That takes a big pain outta your butt and for only a few dollars more. It's almost a better idea than hatching them yourself, saves on food, and you'll have them ready for any of your smaller chams or animals.

Eggs came in late this year, so there was a gap between hatching. Our eggs have already started to hatch, just a matter of getting caught back up. We have also been the only ones with silkworms for the last few weeks and we've been swamped with orders. In other words a lot of new customers that cleaned us out. Check back on the site daily for updates, sorry about the delay but we're doing our best to get caught back up.

never ordered from them but i love the communication. may be getting a new customer.

Thank you Brad. Just ordered them late last night from Coastal (after seeing your post) and got the shipping info this morning. Great turnaround. We were breeding our own (a very small project) but, incredibly, our last group of cocoons hatched out in separate groups of males (which, as they do, died after a few days), then females (which, naturally, died after a few days), then males. :mad: Unbelievable! Hence, we are back into silkworm buying. We also bought eggs from Coastal this time, so will be hatching our own. This is our first order from Coastal Silkworms. Thank you Coastal, and Brad.

I think you will be very happy.
I have ordered from them several times and really appreciate the generous over counts!

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom