Why is bubba's chest pointy?

BubbaVeiled

So bubba seems to be doing good. He trusts us and doesn't run away or get scared when he sees us. He even willingly walked on my hand about two times now since I got him. He is always green now and loves his fruit flies. I noticed his chest is really pointy? Anybody ever hear of this?

Attachments

• 20210816_140101.jpg
    20210816_140101.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 84
So bubba seems to be doing good. He trusts us and doesn't run away or get scared when he sees us. He even willingly walked on my hand about two times now since I got him. He is always green now and loves his fruit flies. I noticed his chest is really pointy? Anybody ever hear of this?
Just looks like the angle and maybe just some skin. If you are growing more concern and this gets irritating to him, go to an exotics vet.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled, boy, probably about 2 and a half months old
  • Handling - girlfriend hand cup feeds sometimes, I've held him about twice. Other than that just look at him
  • Feeding - as many fruit flies as he can eat. With the normal calc without D3 every day, with D3 or multivitamins every Sunday. Fruit flies eat banana paste or whatever is in the culture jars from Petco.
  • Supplements - Reptical calcium without D3 daily. Reptical reptivite or calcium with D3 every Sunday alternating
  • Watering - Filtered water drilling through a milk jug at the top. Mist him 30 minutes before lights on and 30 before lights off.
  • Fecal Description - I can never find his poop. The one time I did it looked good. Haven't done fecal test yet.
  • History - got him off flchams. Site said he would be 2 months old but he was a tiny little guy when I got him. Was probably almost 1 month old.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2x2x4 reptibreeze screen mesh cage
  • Lighting - T5 5.0 HO 36 inch lamp for Uvb. 60 watt soft white basking light.
  • Temperature - Whatever the temp in the room is. I live in a hot area. It is between 70 and 80 throughout the day. At night it gets closer to 60. I have a digital thermometer probe, digital hygro and thermometer, and analogue hygrometer with thermomer.
  • Humidity - I live in a humid area. It's usually between 60 and 70 percent. Which is why I rarely mist. I mist it up at night to get more humidity.
  • Plants - I have 1 shefflera and 1 pothos plant growing in the bottom until I get my dragon strand ledges, then I'll get more live plants.
  • Placement - the cage is in my bedroom. Me and my girlfriend are slow moving and chill and quiet guys. We keep everything at a constant chill so he's pretty comfortable with it. The top of the cage is probably about 7 feet up.
  • Location - Augusta Georgia

Current Problem - Why is his chest pointy?

And here's some pictures because he's cute

Attachments

• IMG_20210808_211418_329.jpg
    IMG_20210808_211418_329.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20210810-145514_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-145514_Instagram.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210810-121624_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-121624_Instagram.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20210806-170817_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-170817_Instagram.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Ivy
The point is normal. It is his rib cage, it is flexible not like ours . I can see it on mine if I look.
As for the rest you are spot on. I understand the hot humidity thing we need to adapt a little.
If the heat gets bad you can run a fan to help. But looks good

And here's some pictures because he's cute
You will want to trade out the fake plants as they may eat them. I had a post where my male ate a straw and a foam ball. So trust nothing. Also check your plants, the one looks like a ZZ plant which are toxic. All mine munch plants too the stem.

Ok thank goodness. Yeah I keep the fan on his cage and he's never gaping or anything so I think he's comfy. I'm moving up north in a couple weeks. That will be a big adjustment for him . Hell have to learn that his heat lamp exists lol.

Here's some other angles
It’s normal, my chameleon has that point angle in his chest as well, it’s apart of their rib cage and anatomy.

Back
Top Bottom