Why do People ask Simple Questions here

Thatwizard420

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I'm Guilty of it. I know some people Get annoyed that we ask simple questions like Basking temp, Gutload, Etc... reason i personally ask simple questions when I can Just google is because I want to know from first hand Experience. I want to get different point of views, What worked for what. And tbh, I don't Trust Google search a lot. (it still recommends mealworms for staple feeder)

Two Random Recent Photos of Uncle Sneaky Castroo

Attachments

• IMG_2853.jpg
    IMG_2853.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2847.jpg
    IMG_2847.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 105
I'm guilty of asking questions I could easily search in the forum for. Sometimes you just want to get that live reassurance you know?! But I've also been guilty of getting upset with someone who asks what I feel is something you could easily type in the search box in this forum. We're not telling you to Google your chameleon husbandry. We're asking you to use the resources available at your fingertips right here on this site. Search function is spectacular at picking out keywords or phrases and the resources portion is literally limitless.

The underside of his tail is his reproductive "junk" so..
The rest of his tail still has definition, you can see the outlines of his ligaments, so he's not obscenely fat but he's probably headed toward a dad bod judging by the roundness of his casque.
You don't want his tail to start looking like a ballon animal ever.

The underside of his tail is his reproductive "junk" so..
The rest of his tail still has definition, you can see the outlines of his ligaments, so he's not obscenely fat but he's probably headed toward a dad bod judging by the roundness of his casque.
You don't want his tail to start looking like a ballon animal ever.
I dont feed him that much.... Every 3-4 days he gets a nice meal.

I love looking back at some of the old posts of back when T8s were starting to really hit the markets. I feel we have the same discussion about T8s that we have today about T5s lol

Im not sure if i want to have internet when UVB LEDS come out...

But back to fat cham, he doesnt look fat to me, there are lines everywhere, and the sides of his face are concave, it think he just as a unique veil.

You answered your question in your post -- there is an incredible amount of conflicting opinions on the internet, in a google search. People, myself included, come here to ask and receive first-hand information from experienced keepers.

I'm the queen of "simple" and "stupid" questions -- so I know how many different basking temps I've seen online.

That being said -- the search function on this forum is, as JacksJill said, our true savior.

Since this is probably related to what I said the other day. There is nothing wrong or annoying about asking a question to get some reassurance, like for example; "how often do you guys mist?" What I was referring to was the OP asking if dubias could fly. There isn't anything conflicting about that and the question could be answered by google literally within 5 seconds lol. Not that I was mad or annoyed, but the person wastes their own time waiting for a response when they could easily get an answer themselves.

Back
Top Bottom