Why did my Baby Sweety girl die?!?! :'(

chameleon

Im sorry for your loss i too had a chameleon die on me a carpets found out dehydration even though i spray his cage and everything but the way it seems as if your chameleon had a respiratory problem it happends in glass tanks i had a baby jacksons housed in a exo terra 12x12x18 with a humidity fog machine but i switched to a cage and he was fine in glass.

i understand you concern and the reason for slowing down but the reality is i now have a chameleon that is going to have babys weather i like it or not and also the fact that i probably dont have the capacity to care for them all so i was either going to sell them or let them go for this first run. i do understand that i am a beginner and need to learn a lot more before i could even come close to turning it into any hobby or business. i'm going to keep some of the babys because now i have extra space and because i my Sweety. but most ar most likely going to be realest/given away or sold. i would like to keep my chameleons for at least a year and have them grow a bit bigger before i start on any of that.

but yes sooner or latter i would like to try breeding chamys....god knows i'm going to be paranoid and want to keep them all being afraid that if i sell them little kids are going to be poking at them and what not lol i'm going to be like *Noooooooo their miiiiiinnneeee!!!!*

i can ensure you even though i posted the comment about breeding i am not moving that fast *it dose sound like i'm planing for right away dont it O,o lol* i like to talk about things that get me exited :) kinda talking out of my ass a bit. But it is more if a side hobby for now simply because one of my chammys happens to be pregnant, yes it is something i want to do in the future but again the facts are i cannot care them all atm so i have to get rid of them much less keep breeding them.

thank you for all the information very helpfull. if anyone has anymore information they think i could use plz replay :)

Sounds good to me. I did not mean to suggest you should not rehome the babies, not by any means. My point was simply to make sure you are diligent about starting a breeding project- there is a lot to know.

If your guiding principles are $$$, personally I hope you drop your ambitions and walk away right now. If your interests are in a true fascination and love of these creatures and an honest desire to see more healthy individuals out there and in good care, money being a nice consequence, then I look forward to seeing you succeed.

lol nooo i'm not thinking $$$ i'm thinking of a room full of cute chammys all different shapes, sizes and colors :p i just like animals. omg i saw a video today of a leopard gecko OMG SO CUTE!!!!! its like cat/lizard my boyfriend wants one now lol

I can relate. Only thing keeping me from having a reptile zoo is that my g/f would kill me. She got mad when I got the bearded dragon. Didn't talk to me the rest of the night. Now she loves him- even got a baby blue belly lizard for our daughter. That surprised me since she has stated multiple times that she hates lizards. I wanted to get her a leopard gecko- part of me is temped to get one and hide it- same strategy I use for new plants. Wait a month before revealing it:
"Where did this plant come from!"
"Oh, you never noticed that, I have had that forever!"
"Uh huh, you are just saying that.."
"Nope, here is the receipt, bought it back in March! I can't believe you never noticed it before today!"

Worked for a while before she figured it out. Now she periodically checks all my hiding places! Boy was she mad when she found the roaches... Oh man!

i think i'm ganna get him one >_>
his Bday is in September 26th
seeing as how i now have an
empty glass cage and i'm ganna
be raising lots of crickets i figer
why not get him one, i read that
leopard geckos can live in glass
cages just fine and they eat
bugs just like chams so it fits :)
and they are also ok with being
handled and thats a good thing
cuz my boyfriend wants someone
that he can pet

anyway this is off the topic of my thread lol
if anyone just wants to talk post something on my page :)

PS why dont i have a photo album on my profile page?
i want to post up a pic of my new big chammy mesh screen cage.
it looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom