why did ALL my vields eggs die ?????

sergio reyes

my female vield cham laid her eggs about a week ago and 2 days later i started to notice some were starting to have dents on them and about a week and a half later almost all of them were the same idk what i did wrong i bought a still air incubator and bought a cham book as well and fallowed all the instructions. why did this happen??

yea i undestand i had the temp too hight but it was for only about no more then 6 hours the first 2 days i had them at 75 but i ask a frend who also has chams and he told me around 85f would be fine but i learnd later that day at the pet sore when i went to go buy the vermitculite that im suppost to have them 68-74f so i dont think that could be the couse or could it ? and they were in soil for only 2 days (that was recomended to me by a employee from the pet store and told me that would work) but i guess not, i switched the soil for vermiculite and i did my best not to turn them at all and place them how they were in the soil i think i did a good job not turning them but that just what i think.

Did the container the eggs were in have a lid?? I think I remember you saying it did. Just trying to figure out what happened.

View attachment 44641
Did the container the eggs were in have a lid?? I think I remember you saying it did. Just trying to figure out what happened.
ofcorse it doas thats were the heating source was at and on top of the lid was the temperature adjustment knobe, also thermometer and a hygrometer were also used. heres sum pics to better explian what the eggs are in right now.

Attachments

• gffg.jpg
    gffg.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 114
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 157
Did you cut open any of the eggs? Was your husbandry for the female spot on before she laid? Was the mating successful and did they mate several times?

I've always kept mine in an open topped incubator so I've kept the eggs the way I described to you earlier. I can't tell if your incubator keeps enough humidity in or not. I hope someone else who used that type of incubator can comment.

Did you cut open any of the eggs? Was your husbandry for the female spot on before she laid? Was the mating successful and did they mate several times?
yes i also have a male in the same cage with her and i am not sure if they matedor not because i have never seen them mate since she laid her last eggs witch were her forst eggs. and i havent cut open any, what are they supost to look like if there firtile ?

You shouldn't have two chameleons in the same cage. They will fight. The male will want to mate, and if the female doesn't they can fight and potentially kill one another. Not to mention the stress alone.

When you do, put something between them like cardboard so they can't see eachother, then when you want them to mate you can show one to the other from the comfort of behind a screen, if the female puffs, hisses, gapes, turns black, etc, then she does not want to mate, try again in a few days, and if she is normal then she is ready. You can put them together then remove them when they're done.

When you do, put something between them like cardboard so they can't see eachother, then when you want them to mate you can show one to the other from the comfort of behind a screen, if the female puffs, hisses, gapes, turns black, etc, then she does not want to mate, try again in a few days, and if she is normal then she is ready. You can put them together then remove them when they're done.
ok i am going to try that thanks

Back
Top Bottom