Why can’t we do it too?

Just like you said nutrition is a highly individualized thing so is what people take offense to. I don't at all feel like he was coming off as dickish or condescending or anything of that nature. I really think you're reading too much into the verbiage and discrediting a healthy way of thinking.

Anyways, since everyone seems dubious of the prospects here, I suppose we can just chalk this up to yet another naive idea from Kaizen. Pretty soon now I’m going to have to face one or both of two realities:

1) My foolhardy ideas are the not the kinds of things that will actually help the hobby, and that I’m more often than not on the complete wrong track; or
2) I’m mistaken that most people here are actually interested in seeing the hobby progress

C'mon @jamest0o0 don't be so critical. We're all here to grow and learn. There's no need to feel slighted.

Here, to make it simple for anyone wondering what I'm referring to. How is this not a pretty damn rude comment to make towards all of us? Given the time some of us have spent trying to help people however we can.

He presents a Rogerian argument by giving us the option to choose. It also serves to indemnify himself. That's a smart move. He also clearly states that either party could be playing the role of fool. I can understand how some people can take that as a personal jab but in my short time on this forum I've not seen behavior from him that's indicative of a crap person. Again, I think you're reading a little much into his postulations.

He presents a Rogerian argument by giving us the option to choose. It also serves to indemnify himself. That's a smart move. He also clearly states that either party could be playing the role of fool. I can understand how some people can take that as a personal jab but in my short time on this forum I've not seen behavior from him that's indicative of a crap person. Again, I think you're reading a little much into his postulations.

You know hes been a friend of mine on here? You know I've been here a LONG time... I'm not trying to be a dick for no reason, that's why I was kind of mad, I've always liked kaizen.

And also, I'm just referring to that last bit, not his initial question or idea on the matter.

Fair enough. I hear you man, I really do. I think perhaps in the future you should voice your concerns with him directly via the personal message feature.

Well, i would, but the comment was public, so my response was. You're right though, I'm not trying to start a big war about it. Just felt that ending was unnecessary.

My real name is Samson. I work in nueropharmacology so I can kind of see where you're getting the Sheldon thing from lol. I've been a scientist my entire life. I like to break things down into their finite forms and the such. Moreover, I just want a positive and happy environment where we can all learn from each other. Everybody here has something to offer.

I was just teasing @Sammy Grigio! I'm very science minded too...don't ask me to write a love story but if you ask me for a scientific paper I might be able to do it! :) (When I was young, I wanted to be in any science field related to animals, bacteria, cancer, etc...but my Dad said girls could be nurses, teachers or secretaries...so, I never got there. I should have gone for it anyhow....somehow....but I didn't.)

Everyone here does have something to offer...it's a good forum...good mix of people.

Not against your ideas, for me at least, it is the dickish way you're coming off ATM, but maybe I took it the wrong way. People gave excellent reasons why it hasn't been done and your turn around and insult us all. I'm sure if you came up with some breakthrough research we'd all be excited and welcoming. We're hobbyists, not highly paid chameleon researchers. Nutrition is also a highly individualized thing. One chameleon may have different needs than another. So it's hard to get a solid recipe down.

Also your points about infections, medicines, etc... see my post about what is to be gained and who's being paid to research it. No one is against striving for more, just giving reasons as for why it probably hasn't been done yet. Pretty low on the totem poll. Lots of time/work for extremely little reward.
Yikes! Bud, I just looked at my phone, and I totally didn’t mean to stir up an unfriendly discussion. I think your points are well said, and I was just being a sucky snowflake (Brody will attest to my snowflakeness!) Seriously, please, this isn’t worth a Christmas time feud between anyone...especially not on my account. I didn’t mean to insult anyone, but please accept my apologies if I did insult you, or anyone else. I should have chosen my words with more prudence, and please take my comments as nothing more than a sulking child trying to relieve himself of the reality that others don’t always like his ideas. I was being a baby, and I tried to push back my discouragement on those who gave nothing but constructive criticism. It’s entirely my bad, and you all have my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom