Why blue ambanja male don't wonna mate?

ppts4511

He is three years old, and she is about a year old.
And she has mating experience and spawning experience with other males.
But he's never had a mating.
If i put him in her's enclosure, he avoids her and hisses at her.

How can I make him mate with her?

And attach my guys Pics~ thx

Attachments

• 20230506_162911.jpg
    20230506_162911.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230506_162855.jpg
    20230506_162855.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi and welcome. Has your girl been mated and successfully layed eggs b4 a couple of times

Last edited:
How is she behaving when you put him in her enclosure? Swaying back and forth, hissing, lunging at him, turning dark colours or remaining calm and just slowly moving away from him?

Have you always put the male in with the female when you want to mate them?

Am I the only one reading this ? Am I stupid or what ,correct me if I am , wrong a female cham breed a couple of times b4 the age of one taking calcium from her development? 🤔 can someone enlighten me? @SteveH @kinyonga

Am I the only one reading this ? Am I stupid or what ,correct me if I am , wrong a female cham breed a couple of times b4 the age of one taking calcium from her development? 🤔 can someone enlighten me? @SteveH @kinyonga
The OP said that only one clutch was fertile….but all the clutches would have required calcium for the egg shells. Some females can be full grown at a young age….but I still wouldn‘t mate mine until she was a year old.

How many eggs were in each clutch?

Last edited:
I'm not really understanding the question, but the amount of food plays a big part in the number of eggs. Don't cut back on calcium or you'll have a female with mbd.

The OP said that only one clutch was fertile….but all the clutches would have required calcium for the egg shells. Some can be full grown at a young age.

How many eggs were in each clutch?
Is or would it not be reccomended that I female not be breed until they where at least one year old?

You can try putting them together on a house plant and branches that don't belong to him or her and see if that works. Sometimes neutral territory will help them breed.

Have you tried mating them outside after they’ve been exposed to the sun? Is she showing receptive colours?

Have you tried mating them outside after they’ve been exposed to the sun? Is she showing receptive colours?
ah~? I didn't try mate them outside but, I will give it a try.
I think she showed recetive color before cuz when she was with him, there was no action, and the color was orange or apricot.

Back
Top Bottom