Why are my silkworm eggs different colors?

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
What do the different colors mean? Does it mean some are closer to hatching or is some thing wrong?
C25F0525-95D8-4023-AAAD-D97B2220E955.jpeg

I got these silkworm eggs off of eBay since everywhere else was out of stock.

@snitz427 what do you think?

I have no clue mine have never been black spots like that. It almost looks like someone dabbed them with a sharpie lol.

They do look like you drew on them with sharpies :LOL: ... but judging by how the eggs look almost clear... they’re prob about to hatch.

When they are close to hatching you’ll notice the black spots appear… And eventually the eggs will look almost clear with a tiny black spot. That’s usually the kegos who are about to emerge.
Okay thank you! I wasn’t sure.

Never seen silkworm eggs that have dots like that. It’s most likely sharpie marks when the person was counting them. Counting eggs manually is far too time consuming...

If they have issues hatching, let me know. We have plenty.

Never seen silkworm eggs that have dots like that. It’s most likely sharpie marks when the person was counting them. Counting eggs manually is far too time consuming...

If they have issues hatching, let me know. We have plenty.
What?! You don’t manually count the eggs? ?
“153, 154, 155, (breathes & eggs move around) oh crap! Gotta start over...again!”?

While it's true that a black spot (the Kego;s head) will be visible before hatching, something in this picture just looks a little off to me. I'm not a professional, it's just that some of these spots seem too big or too central. Mine often have the head appear towards one end of the egg and the sizes are somewhat consistent. I'm curious to see if they do indeed hatch. I hope you will let us know, please. :)

It does look like sharpies… But if you look at the other eggs you can start to make out the black and they’re starting to look almost clear. So you’re really close I think to hatching, despite the eyeballs drawn on them heh

Back
Top Bottom