Why are females cheaper?

MustacheWallet

Hey everyone I am brand new to the site and brand new to Chameleons. I bought a Veiled a few months ago and was told it was a male, but after reading a bunch of threads I found out from using the "spur" trick that i have a female. HER name is Carl at the moment and is soon to change but I was wondering why the females are cheaper. It doesn't make sense to me mainly because in many other animals the females are the prized possession because of the reproduction part of it. I feel like I've done a lot of research but maybe there is something i missed through all of it.

Nothing wrong with having a female. Most want males for a few reasons. 1. Males are usually more bright beautiful colors. But female's have beautiful colors as well, just different colors and patterns. 2. Females will lay eggs if they are bred or not so a little more maintenance is required for egg laying. 3...I don't think you can go wrong with a veiled female. They are very pretty.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's because females are not as popular due to the chances of them becoming egg bound.

The main reason is coloring,. Most females are dull to the regular joe. I personally think some females turn out very beautiful, and I love all of my Lil ladies.

Back
Top Bottom