Why am I kept Surrounded by Death!!!

pohchunyee

Avid Member
Yesterday, I lost my breeder Ambilobe female,. Today, I received my 200+ silkworms shipment. I opened it and everything is DEAD. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

IMG_1516-1.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

Hey Poh,
Sorry about your girl. Thats crazy all those silkworms are dead. Was that a recent shipment? Weird must have over heated. Have a great day and hold your head up it happens.

What is that take out? Ide call the restaurant back and tell them its spoiled... Sorry your having problems bud, happens to the best of them...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Bro! Life has a way of attacking sometimes but just hold your ground and things always turn around.

My mailman put my shipment of silkworms on the top of the mailbox, in a plastic bag (black plastic), in full sun. He's too lazy to deliver to the house, which has a large, shaded porch.

Funny thing, Coastal silkworms actually has two "perishable" labels, as well as TWO "keep out of sun" labels.

We complained to the Post Office, as this has been a recurring problem for a while.

silkworms were apparantly ok, though. I got to them on my lunch break.

The smell of putrifying silkworms or crickets is the worst. At least you can get a replacement for the DOA silkworms from the supplier. Can't replace your female Ambilobe though. I'm sorry about that. Female chameleons don't seem to get as much worship or attention as the males. I think their colors can be just as beautiful and their bodies go through so much to produce a clutch. At least she got to enjoy your care while she was alive. Do you have any eggs or hatchlings from her? Boo Hoo.....

Thats why I don't use the silks unless I get them from the local reptile store. Then I only get enough for a treat for my chameleons, Bad shelf life.

I have no trouble keeping them.
6 weeks and beyond.
However, if they arrive looking like the ones Poh just got.....
Who was that shipment from? I think the heat is probably what did them in, but the packing seemed a bit of a mess.

-Brad

The packing does seem weird to me also and it seems like there is a lot of poop in there for such a short time. All I see is poop and a layer of food below it.

Bah.....i prefer not to point fingers onto others..... this is not about saying who is right and wrong, but to find a solution to fix this situation. It is silly and immature to put people/company names in here and then letting everyone hate them. Suck it up and try to solve the problem

the chow looks too damp. meaning that you mixed to much water in the mix.
i did that exact same thing and the worms drown.i haD 500 melt.but the first 600 small were all good, it was 90f when they melted.

Last edited:
My last shipment of silkworms only lasted 4 days...pitty buying 50 silkworms and only have the time to feed away 3. But a local pet store guy told me that the supplier is having some sort of viral problem.

Well on the silkworm DOA, looks like bad packing containers. You can not ship silkworms like that in the heat. They need to be vented more, other wise the moisture builds up and causes issues like you see in the photos ending in DOA. Worms at that size are also harder to ship in the heat. In any event don't give up, things happen!

Back
Top Bottom