who is the oldest in age on the forums

What about oldest chameleon? I consider my chameleon to be a middle age adult at 3ish years and hope he has a long happy life ahead of him but minus unforeseen health issues or accidents when do I consider a nursing home 🤔🧐🤣 what's the age we label our Chams elderly?

Age that ththe y will live too depends on the species in part.
My veiled females have always lived to be 6 and usually even to 7 years of age and the males older.

The Chamaeleo chameleons were all wild caught adults when I got them and were mostly with me for 4 or 5 years.

Many of the chameleons I had were wild caught and adult when I got them...so it was hard to know how old they were when I got them. Some didn't last long at first because I had to learn and WC's had more problems when they came in than you would ever see in CB's.

1992 C Fuelleborni-- At the time I knew they had horns and looked like Jacksons. (y) CIN and Ardi Abates was one of my mentors (long distance calls weekly, since I had no clue what I was doing-- some will say I still don't :unsure: (y) ). 1st pets- Dwarf Seahorse tank and Florida Bark Scorpion (1978ish) WOW! body giving out but mind is still wanting more.. OCD is okay, right? haa haa haa

What about oldest chameleon? I consider my chameleon to be a middle age adult at 3ish years and hope he has a long happy life ahead of him but minus unforeseen health issues or accidents when do I consider a nursing home 🤔🧐🤣 what's the age we label our Chams elderly?
Really depends on species. For panthers I think I’d translate similar to this:
0-3 months - 0-2 human years
3-7 months - 3-12 human years
7-15 months - 13-18 human years
15-24 months - 19-30 human years
2yrs-5yrs - 31-50 human years
5yrs-8yrs - 51-75 human years
8yrs-10yrs - 76-85 human years
10yrs+ - really old

I’d be curious to hear others’ thoughts on this. I based it roughly on human milestones, but it likely varies based on individual, sex, diet, etc.

I've kept chameleons and many other reptiles for over 30 years.
The first chameleons I hatched were Chamaeleo chameleons....awesome little chameleons!
That’s so awesome!! Camaeleo, as in Camaeleo Calyptratus? Or possibly Chamaeleo dilepis?? I’d love to see one of those! How many different kinds have you owned? And tough question here, but, do you have a favorite?

That’s so awesome!! Camaeleo, as in Camaeleo Calyptratus? Or possibly Chamaeleo dilepis?? I’d love to see one of those! How many different kinds have you owned? And tough question here, but, do you have a favorite?
Mediterranean chameleons...are Chamaeleo chameleons.
You can see a couple of photos of mine here....
https://www.adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/cchamaeleon.html

I don't think I can even count how many species I had over the years. Just to name a few...Parson's, calyptratus, Comoro Island chameleons, Pardalis, quads, rudis, dilepis, brevs, fuelleborni, deremensis, fishers, dwarf jacksons, etc, etc. Most were wild caught since that's all that was available here back then.

Can't pick just one as my favourite...never could. Each has its own attraction.

Back
Top Bottom