Who here has a planted freshwater aquarium/s?

Nicodemayo

Avid Member
Well I had a saltwater 28g bowfront tank that I ended up taking down because the chams got to be way to much and I couldn't do it all alone. Ive really thinned out what I have (aside from more babys hatching) and I have had the time to resurrect this bow front of mine. I have fluorite substrate and some nice pieces of mopani wood inside the tank. Im using my t5 reef lighting so my lighting needs are more than covered. I have planted a few types of plants in there, including dwarf hairgrass that with some patience and some good lighting, plant food, and co2, should cover the bottom like a carpet (crosses fingers). Cant wait to see how it turns out. I wont be putting fish in there for awhile and I havnt really decided what I am putting in it anyway. Its a toss up between a peaceful community tank with live bearers only, or two red scribbled discus, and some cardinal tetras. The community fish will be easier, but I would love to give discus a try. I have done a good amount of research on them, and I feel pretty good about them. If anyone has some nicely planted tanks, I would love to see what you have! Even if its not planted, but you would like to share, feel free!

-Nic

charlotte071.jpg

fire05015.jpg

eggs
fire05013.jpg

breeding tank
fish038.jpg

fish011.jpg

fire05012.jpg

charlotte017.jpg

eggs
charlotte063.jpg

EPIC man! There is a discus breeder in town that on breeds the red scribbled. Your fish look awesome and your tank is awesome!

Those are nice discus. I have to wonder what the babies looked like from that pairing. Got any pics of the fry? Well of the fry older? Or was that too recent?

Here's some of mine past and present. The first pic is pretty old and done with an even older digi.
Past:
40 High light CO2
Picture040_edited.jpg

Same 40 low light Discus
ShannenDiscusTank.jpg

75 Gal Med Light CO2
Picture035.jpg

5 Gal Hex Betta Coccina, This was probably the hardest tank I've ever tried to aquascape.
newbettatank2.jpg

Present:
The same 40, I've had this tank for about 7 yrs, It's gone through several configurations.
100_2876.jpg

The 2 20 Longs
017.jpg

Top tank is a Med light with CO2 Nerite and predatory snail tank.
057-1.jpg

Bottom tank, a low light pleco tank awaiting me to move my L254s to
024.jpg

90 Gal low light silk plants. The fish in here prevent real plants. Mainly the beast, my Watermelon Royal. There are over 10 species of Loricariidae in this tank.
046.jpg

royalrollseyes3.jpg

I've been keeping and sometimes breeding discus for going on 8 yrs now. It's not hard. You only need to know 3 things to keep them.
1.water change
2.water change
3.water change
After that it's nothing, unless you want to breed. Then all you need is an RO unit and time.

I say go for it man.

nice tanks guys ive had reefs for over 8 years, goin to be gettin rid of a 150 gallon reef,cause im more onto chams now and dont have the time to really take care of it and plan on gettin alot more chams so its time for the tank to go

Wow, nice tanks, look very naturalistic ! My favourite species are from the genus Apistogramma and of the Boraras / Microrasbora Group :)

nice tanks guys ive had reefs for over 8 years, goin to be gettin rid of a 150 gallon reef,cause im more onto chams now and dont have the time to really take care of it and plan on gettin alot more chams so its time for the tank to go

Right there with you. Although I will be keeping what I have now. I just broke down 4 tanks (not really pic worthy) and one was a SW. To make room for Chams. The amount of tanks I've kept at any given moment always prevented me from having the time and funds to do a full blown reef, but they sure are purty. I went from over 40 tanks to 8 to now 4. Keeping the 40 tanks running was a full time job.

Back
Top Bottom