Who has Brookesia species?

Chameleonmaster

Avid Member
I am thinking about getting a pair of b.stumpffi or b.thieli and I wanted to know who's got what. What species is everyone in the US keeping? I know a couple people bought b.superciliarus. I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm thinking about it so I can trade offspring with people on the forums!

I've kept each of the four species that are currently afforded an annual export quota from Madagascar (B. stumpffi, B. superciliaris, B. therezieni and B. thieli) but am currently only keeping B. stumpffi. Of the four species, B. stumpffi is my favorite to work with. They are the most active and bold, in my experience.

Chris

Any care tips specific to the stumpfii Chris?

They are pretty hardy once established. I keep them in pairs in fully planted 18"x18"x18" Exo Terra Glass Terrariums with about a minute of misting per day from my Mistking setup. Temps range in the ~73-86ºF range during the summer (cooler at night) and in the ~53-75ºF range during the winter (again, cooler at night) although there are the occasional nights that get cooler than that during both the winter and summer. For breeding they seem to like a fairly damp/wet mossy area in their enclosure to lay.

Chris

They are pretty hardy once established. I keep them in pairs in fully planted 18"x18"x18" Exo Terra Glass Terrariums with about a minute of misting per day from my Mistking setup. Temps range in the ~73-86ºF range during the summer (cooler at night) and in the ~53-75ºF range during the winter (again, cooler at night) although there are the occasional nights that get cooler than that during both the winter and summer. For breeding they seem to like a fairly damp/wet mossy area in their enclosure to lay.

Chris

Thank you Chris for that information I am currently setting up my Exo terra I am using top soil for my cages and im going to get some moss and small plants. Do you provide any UVB lights for them or the hatchlings?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom