White spots on my panther. Please help.

Hello everyone.
Here are some info on his cage and feeding schedule.
His a 9 months old male panther chameleon. Housing in 2x2x4 screen cage. Cage gets automatically misted 4 times a day for 2 min plus dripper for drinking water.
2ft T5 5.0 UVB light plus basking light around 93 degrees. Ambiance temp is from 74-78 degrees. Humidity 45-70 depends on the day.
I was feeding him every day with Repashy cal plus LOD. Gutload with Repashy bug burger. I start cutting down his feeding started from this week. He drink and eats without problem. Not a big fan when I handle him.
So two sheds ago I noticed a white spot on his body and i was hope after the next shed with will go away and it didn't. Today I noticed another sport appearing again on a different part of his body. Can anyone help me to figure put why this is happening to him please. Will greatly appreciate for the help.
02467B6E-8671-4669-A538-FC2209A6E432.jpeg
40EC6F00-C2DB-4152-B8D5-C87812DFA640.jpeg
492C3755-A489-4D33-BC44-B86404FE6355.jpeg

I’ve seen this before but don’t take my word on it, wait for other responses, but I think it’s from the dusting powder, or parasite. Again, WAIT FOR OTHER RESPONSES.

Thank you everyone for the help. Looks like his going to shed tomorrow again, if that doesn't go away then vet it is.
FA0DCEBE-B842-4E2D-B99B-650073C7E50A.jpeg
8AE12752-42AD-4EED-8F7E-4B0FB6DC0E4C.jpeg

You can see the white spot in this pictures as well.

Thank you everyone for the help. Looks like his going to shed tomorrow again, if that doesn't go away then vet it is.
View attachment 240785View attachment 240786
You can see the white spot in this pictures as well.
Make sure you take him to an Experienced reptile vet. I tagged someone because it looks similar to a virus that his Cham has. So when he signs in next he can give you feedback as well.

It looks just like what Bob started with but really need a close up. He's full of scabs these days, even after treatment and daily application of 10% iodine.

I hope I'm wrong but if not, it is contageous to other chams so measures need to be taken.

Can you give a good close up of the spots?

Was cooking dinner before so a bit rushed. I've taken a closer look at the pictures and it does look like early signs papilloma. Better pics would help but you can see how Bob's started in this thread and compare with what you have. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/scabs-after-sheds.168994/

Poor old Bob has lots of scabby patches now and often uses me as a scratching post for the ones now on his chin.

There's no cure for this and I'll loose him earlier than his time but you can treat and slow the advance.

Bob has a remarkable character and it's certainly not changed that!

You need to have it checked out by a good reptile vet. At best it's nothing to worry about but if it is papilloma virus, treatment will slow the advance and give your boy more time.

It's only contagious to other chams and it's definitely not going affect humans so if you have other chams, use hand sanitizer and basic hygiene methods. Don't share any free runs or feed cups etc. It's one of those things, like herpes in humans, that many carry with no problems at all but that is activated for some reason in that small %.

Fingers crossed for you and do please let us know how he goes on.

Was cooking dinner before so a bit rushed. I've taken a closer look at the pictures and it does look like early signs papilloma. Better pics would help but you can see how Bob's started in this thread and compare with what you have. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/scabs-after-sheds.168994/

Poor old Bob has lots of scabby patches now and often uses me as a scratching post for the ones now on his chin.

There's no cure for this and I'll loose him earlier than his time but you can treat and slow the advance.

Bob has a remarkable character and it's certainly not changed that!

You need to have it checked out by a good reptile vet. At best it's nothing to worry about but if it is papilloma virus, treatment will slow the advance and give your boy more time.

It's only contagious to other chams and it's definitely not going affect humans so if you have other chams, use hand sanitizer and basic hygiene methods. Don't share any free runs or feed cups etc. It's one of those things, like herpes in humans, that many carry with no problems at all but that is activated for some reason in that small %.

Fingers crossed for you and do please let us know how he goes on.

Thank you so much. Looks like the same problem to me. Need to find a vet asap. Thank you agin for the big help. And im truly sorry to hear about your cham.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom