white spikes and white spot on side?

II Knucklez II

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - bb ambilobe panther, male, 11 months old, and I got him when he was 4 months old.
Handling - once a week at feeding time. I let him claim out on my hand to reach food i never stick my hand in cage to grab him
Feeding - crickets, meal worms, and horn worms, 5 days week. gut load crickets with veggies, cricket food etc.
Supplements - rep-cal calcium dusted almost every feeding and rep-cal herptivite multivitamins once a month.
Watering - mistking system, 5 times a day at 2 mins. I do see him drinking all the time
Fecal Description - normal droppings solid and dark brown only had one dropping this week that wasnt solid but wasnt all watery if that makes sense, hasnt been tested for parasites.
History - sometimes at night before the light goes out he gets kinda dark while at the bottom of the cage on a vine that he always sleeps on but this happens about 1 day out of the week maybe 2

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Screen cage 4x2x2
Lighting - Lightyourreptile.com 24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture with Arcadia 6% and 6.5k Day-light Bulbs and running from 12:00 pm till 11:00 pm
Temperature - basking spot temp: 87. Cage floor in the shade: 78 temp at night: 75
Humidity - is at around 50% to 65%and i'm using zilla Hygrometer Thermometer (have not let the water get to sensors)
Plants - Two live pothos plants hanging
Placement - In my closet (not walk-in) with no doors, fan is on at night but not directly hitting the cage. height of cage is at 6 ft. when i wake up to go to work i cover the cage so the light doesnt bother him and when i leave, i take if off and my room is dark till lights come on
Location - Miami, FL

Current Problem - seems to have white spikes on his back and a spot that is white on one of his sides. Dont know what this is maybe shed that didnt come off? do i have to mist more to keep humidity up more. In the last pic you can see a drop of water is on the spot that is white on his side.

Attachments

• 2014-03-10 21.55.58.jpg
    2014-03-10 21.55.58.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 488
  • 20140310_220341.jpg
    20140310_220341.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 419
Could be an old shed, though to tell. The second photo looks like the section on the spikes is gone. The only other thing that I can think of without seeing it in person is a burn. You are in Miami so you could house him outside all year if you choose. If not you can always have him outside with a mister turned on so that he has the option to be in it or away from it. That way if it's an old shed it may slough off with the additional water.

Back
Top Bottom