White poop vs. brown poop

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Poop and chameleons is no joke. It’s how you can tell if your chameleon is in good health and properly hydrated. This video will discuss the basics of chameleon poop, urates, what to do if your chameleon’s poop is smelly, the basics of fecal tests, runny poop, sperm plugs, and hemipenes.

Poop and chameleons is no joke. It’s how you can tell if your chameleon is in good health and properly hydrated. This video will discuss the basics of chameleon poop, urates, what to do if your chameleon’s poop is smelly, the basics of fecal tests, runny poop, sperm plugs, and hemipenes.

My veil has always had normal poops but now he has these huge circle poops and it’s starting to worry me.

Can't say I did... but I'm not mad about it haha

Update: OP sent me an Instagram DM of a pic of the poop since she couldn't figure out how to send one on here. She's made a vet appointment to get a fecal done and I'm coaching her through some husbandry changes.

Hello again:) I feel like I'm just worrying over every little possible thing. Her poop has the white part and brown part just like the pictures, no orange in it. I just found it and it was dry, this could be because its been sitting all day and I just now seen it but I don't know, and it had a SLIGHT poop smell. Is that okay, along with it being kind of dry? I know you said in the video that that could be a sign of a parasite. Being that I just spent close to $700 dollars in less than a week on her I can't afford to take her to get a fecal test done asap. Is it okay that it had a very slight smell? Thank you for helping me so much. Ps- she started shedding and looks more vibrant already, also haven't seen anymore shaking. :) I really appreciate all your advice and love your videos!

It’s great to ask questions! It’s how we learn :)

I really think it’s dry because it’s an old poop. Be on the lookout for a fresh poop and it should be nice and squishy (you know what I mean). Sometimes their poop gets caught on leaves.

A slight poop smell is also totally fine. It is poop after all. You just don’t want it to be REALLY smelly. It’s probably a good idea to get a fecal done at some point to make sure everything is good and to have some peace of mind. But when your finances allow for it... I don’t think it’s urgent.

Yay for shedding. I had a feeling that’s why she was paler, but didn’t want to miss the opportunity to make sure your husbandry was on point.

So happy you’re enjoying the videos. I made them for people just like you :)

Back
Top Bottom