White infrared lamp

Abba's Amanda

Established Member
carton says 125w brooder heat lamp. But bulb has infrared stamped on it....is this an ok bulb. It's white not red but since bulb has infrared stamped on it, I'm not sure...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 97
carton says 125w brooder heat lamp. But bulb has infrared stamped on it....is this an ok bulb. It's white not red but since bulb has infrared stamped on it, I'm not sure...
I have a feeling it will still be red. I bet if you opened it it will show it. A regular house bulb works just fine.

image.jpg
So this is what I ended up purchasing. Even though it says infrared, the bulbs are clear and produce white light. Just installed and will check temp in a bit with temp gun

I know every cage, room, etc is different but I'd be wary using something that high wattage. Unless the light is suspended. My in-laws have something similar in their laundry room and I've actually caught my hair smoking not being observant in my surroundings. It puts off A LOT of heat.

Those are going to be really hot. They're meant to be used outside in the winter in a chicken coop or on top of newly hatched chicks but from a distance

I was using a 75w but I couldn't get his basking temp to where it needed to be with that bulb. That's why I had to go up to a 100w. It's not touching his enclosure. (y)

Back
Top Bottom