White head veiled

lainezor

my 6 month old veiled is acting completely normal. He is on the same schedule as my other chameleons and is eating and pooping like normal. My only concern is that he "looks sick" to me. His head is much more pale than the rest of his body and hes shed a few times since I had him and nothing has changed.

qwR96Np.jpg

pJEh2cH.jpg

I cant find any information on this online, is he just pale or is something wrong?

I'm certainly not an expert, but maybe he is about to shed? I hear their colors get light before they shed. Head first, for yours, maybe.

Could you post a picture so members could help.
Kath.

Sorry, pics didn't show up when I looked before :/

Last edited:
Maybe he is some type of morph, sone sort of genetic mutation the either parents could have carried? I'm just guessing here on what I've seen

It looks like he is about to shed. As they get older they don't do whole body sheds but shed in bits. Could be his casque first.:)

So he's just different? He was sold to me as a turquoise sunburst. I thought he was sick but I guess hes gonna shed. Thanks for all the replies :) I weigh all my herps and he has been gaining weight nice and steady and everything else seems normal so I was confused.

hes fine.

He may be about to shed, or his head/casque is just that color.

veileds can go shades of white,gray,black on the head, so its totally normal.

theres nothing wrong with him.

and hes not a trans or a morph of any sort.

trans have pinkish colored skin.

if you wan tot see one, just search on the forum, or google translucent veiled, youll see the big difference.

he is fine, my boys casque goes that colour some days and other days it will be like an aqua colour, there is nothing wrong with him, just different colour

Back
Top Bottom