White film appearing on side of cage and plants

Butterbean

I have had a mistking for a few months now and at first I was using filters water from my local petco to put in the mistking. About 2 months ago I decided to start just put regular water in it and just use reptisafe to make it good. Today I just saw a white powdery like substance on the side of my mesh cage and on my fake plants. I think it might be like a calcium build up because the reptisafe says it adds calcium to the water. Should I be using filters water from petco?

It is and this will clog your mist king nozzles as well. Typically you only want to use RO or distilled water in your reservoir for the mistking.
Ok that’s what I thought it was. What is a good RO system I could get because I’ve seen them I just don’t know which one is good. I am also a saltwater aquarium owner so I know a little about RO water but not a lot.

Also all Reptisafe does is remove chlorine and a few other harsh contaminants from tap water. The same can be done by putting the water in an open container for 24hrs or more. It doesn't remove the calcium deposits as you've come to find out. Tap water is nasty when you really look at it lol.

Ok that’s what I thought it was. What is a good RO system I could get because I’ve seen them I just don’t know which one is good. I am also a saltwater aquarium owner so I know a little about RO water but not a lot.
I am not sure. I buy mine for 40 cents a gallon at my pet store and use 4 gallons a week. I know amazon has some RO systems that will hook up under your sink. But not something I am very familiar with. :)

I just go to my local water store and fill up my 5 gallon container with RO water for $1.50 this is a lot cheaper then buying them by the gallon for your grocery stores.
I've been looking for a cheap water delivery service for both this and just drinking water. I'm not a fan of tap water so I have a water cooler in my home and I figured 2 birds, one stone. Still have yet to find one that offers everything I need at a reasonable price. And I for the life of me havent found a store that dispenses both drinking water and distilled water anywhere in Denver.

Back
Top Bottom