White crust on nose?

In the wild that's there way of retaining water and getting rid of the salt! What kind of water is he drinking? If its tap water like you drink you could switch to distilled water without all the minerals & heavy metals!
i actually am using distilled water, only because i have an automatic mister and we didnt want to clog it up so yes, he uses distilled water

i actually am using distilled water, only because i have an automatic mister and we didnt want to clog it up so yes, he uses distilled water
When I had veiled chams in 1999/2000 my males had the white deposits around the nostrils to & never was an issue for mine!

I believe the poster you are talking about is comparing it to when you accidentally shoot liquid out your nose. Like when you are drinking something and laugh, and the fluid is forced out through your nose.

And Im agreeing with you,thats why I compare the white crust in the nose as the calcium like the booger in the nose as milk,which is not the truth,im using the poster theory to explain that should not be in the case with dusting calcium causing white crust,as milk in the nose that DOESN'T cause in booger formation,hope this is a clear explanation to u.

Last edited:
White crust in nose = over dust calcium... NOT
Booger in nose = accidentally milk shoot in the nose when u laughing...NOT
White crust in nose = Booger in nose as a comparison in the poster gotwqqd theory.....Yes

Last edited:
White crust in nose = over dust calcium... NOT
Booger in nose = accidentally milk shoot in the nose when u laughing...NOT
White crust in nose = Booger in nose as a comparison in the poster gotwqqd theory.....Yes
so i am overdusting? should i slow down on it? i dust everything on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday with calcium and dust everything on Wednesday with multivitamins

so i am overdusting? should i slow down on it? i dust everything on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday with calcium and dust everything on Wednesday with multivitamins
I REPEAT.....THE WHITE CRUST IS NOT FROM THE CALCIUM DUSTING,READ MY POST WORD BY WORD CAREFULLY,my post is directed to gotwqqd his theory n its completely wrong about the dusting calcium cause the white crust in the nose,I wont explain this again as u are the third person ask me about this question n u should keep on dusting ur feeders without any hesitation.

wow....a little high on the horse.....

Not really. There have been threads on this forum where people have mistaken the salt crust for excess calcium, and stopped using calcium supplements. This led to their animal developing MBD. I'm sure Dayna is just trying to make sure the OP ,and anyone else who reads this thread, gets the correct info so their animal doesn't suffer the same fate.

Never used anything but tap water that sat out over night and never had a big problem with salt (what we chameleon people call the stuff that comes out of their noses)...sonic don't think the content of water is what dies it.

Edit won't work again....
Salt should say snalt and sonic should read so I. :(:(:(:(
Can you tell I'm frustrated with edit not working???

Where can I get chameleon cocaine? Do they sell this at the pet store next to fish milk and blinker fluid?

Back
Top Bottom