white bubble on nose

daniel.s

Hello, i have a Veiled chameleon, he is arround one year old. he eats just fine i just fed him and he started to eat right away but yesterday i saw that he got a weird looking white thing on his nose and i could not find any info about that on the internet.
so my question is what is it and how to treat it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_181031.jpg
    IMG_20200525_181031.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200525_181029.jpg
    IMG_20200525_181029.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200525_181033.jpg
    IMG_20200525_181033.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 82
Seems like over supplementing? I cant think of how to name it... i know it is secretions of calcium i believe, Nothing to worry about though!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - i am 90% sure he is a male veiled chameleon i got him about a year ago.
Handling - sinds i got him i handeld him poorty because he still is very scared and hides, so lets say 1x a week.
Feeding - He is now eating house crickets and mealworms, i give him about 6-10 crickets (size 6) dusted with Sticky Tongue Farms calcium and 2 mealworms everyday.
Supplements - Calcium Sticky Toungue Farms
Watering - I spray his terrarium 2/3 times a day with a hand spray.
History - I know the guy who sold the chameleon to the pets store and the pets store owners. I know he is a home breeder and not a huge like breeding farm thing.
Cage Info: Reptibreeze 60x60x120(cm) its a screen cage, i have a Arcadia 23 watt day light lamp 7% UVB and a Arcadia basking light 100 watt (his basking spot is arround 30-32 °C, my lighting schedule is a bit of but i do my best to start at 9-10am and turn it off at 9-10pm‎. my temerature in my room is usually arround 20°C‎ my humidity is arround 40-60% i live in the Netherlands so the temperature is pretty hard to keep it arround 20°C‎ but the humidity is ~50% all the time.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - i am 90% sure he is a male veiled chameleon i got him about a year ago.
Handling - sinds i got him i handeld him poorty because he still is very scared and hides, so lets say 1x a week.
Feeding - He is now eating house crickets and mealworms, i give him about 6-10 crickets (size 6) dusted with Sticky Tongue Farms calcium and 2 mealworms everyday.
Supplements - Calcium Sticky Toungue Farms
Watering - I spray his terrarium 2/3 times a day with a hand spray.
History - I know the guy who sold the chameleon to the pets store and the pets store owners. I know he is a home breeder and not a huge like breeding farm thing.
Cage Info: Reptibreeze 60x60x120(cm) its a screen cage, i have a Arcadia 23 watt day light lamp 7% UVB and a Arcadia basking light 100 watt (his basking spot is arround 30-32 °C, my lighting schedule is a bit of but i do my best to start at 9-10am and turn it off at 9-10pm‎. my temerature in my room is usually arround 20°C‎ my humidity is arround 40-60% i live in the Netherlands so the temperature is pretty hard to keep it arround 20°C‎ but the humidity is ~50% all the time.
Id change a couple things, mealworms, refrain from them they have a harder exo skeleton to digest in the chams tummy, try superworms. Also no calcium w/d3 and multivitamins?

Id change a couple things, mealworms, refrain from them they have a harder exo skeleton to digest in the chams tummy, try superworms. Also no calcium w/d3 and multivitamins?

thank u, i will switch the diet. my calcium is without d3 and vitamins, that is what people told me to do.

Seems like over supplementing? I cant think of how to name it... i know it is secretions of calcium i believe, Nothing to worry about though!
The white stuff on the nose is minerals the chameleon is trying to get rid of BUT IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT CALCIUM.

Just lower the amount of calcium you dust the feeders with
@daniel.s ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF CALCIUM BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE SUGGESTION TO DO SO.

thank u, i will switch the diet. my calcium is without d3 and vitamins, that is what people told me to do.
RHE WHITE STUFF IS REFERRED TO AS SNALT BY MOST CHAMELEON PEOPLE. It's salts of minerals that the chameleon doesn't need. It is NOT calcium.

This should help...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-cause-of-the-white-crusts-on-the-nose.75998/

Last edited:
You can feed your chameleon crickets, BSFL, silkworms, roaches, locusts, hornworms (captive reared...not fed tomato plants) and once in a while superworms, waxworms.

For supplements it's recommended that you dust the insects lightly with a phos free calcium powder at all feedings but 4 a month. On 2 of the off days, once every 2 weeks use a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly and on th,e other 2 days, 2 weeks apart use a vitamin powder with a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. If your chameleon shows symptoms of vitamin A deficiency then you can give a small amount of a prEformed vitamin A...but be careful with prEfomed vitamin A because it builds up in the system.

Please post some photos of your chameleon and the cage.

Back
Top Bottom