White blockage?

Bernie

Hey guys,

I have attached some photo's of my young male Yemen. He seems to have developed what was a white bump where his tail meets his body. It now looks slightly bigger.

He has been leaving white urate and brown poop daily which seems normal.

He has got a white urate patch on his tail, probably where he has sat in his own mess! So please dont confuse that with the bump I am referring to.

I have tried spraying warm water on him in this area, which he didnt enjoy.

Please excuse the blurry pictures, I struggled to get any at all without him running away or turning his back on me!

Will this sort itself out, is it normal? Anything I can do to remove it?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 126
From all the other threads I have seen on about something "stuck" on the rear its either one of two things. Either a sperm plug or a prolapse. Search them on here (the forums) and see how people compare the two to figure out what it is. It could just be poop but its better safe then sorry to determine what it really is. Whatever you do DONT TRY TO PICK IT OFF until you know what it is. I know that people have suggested to soak the rear end in warm water to see if it comes off.

I can't tell much from your pictures. A question: Is this white bump actually protruding from his vent (cloaca) or is it something stuck nearby on the skin? If it is actually sticking out of his vent it could be a sperm plug, a prolapsed hemipene, or an intestinal prolapse. The sperm plug isn't a big problem but the prolapses are, so figuring out which it may be is vital.

I can't tell much from your pictures. A question: Is this white bump actually protruding from his vent (cloaca) or is it something stuck nearby on the skin? If it is actually sticking out of his vent it could be a sperm plug, a prolapsed hemipene, or an intestinal prolapse. The sperm plug isn't a big problem but the prolapses are, so figuring out which it may be is vital.

To be honest I don't really know where it is coming from. He is only around 3 months old though.

Could any of the above be possible at his age?

Back
Top Bottom