Which reverse osmosis system???

Rottsko

Avid Member
So I'm thinking about getting a RO system but it's seems there are as many brands as there are species of chameleons. So I'm wondering what forum users here have. I'm lookin for a 5 stage system. It's not just for the chameleon but also for the family since we only drink bottled water. Thanks.

I've had the Krystal Pure KR15 system from Lowe's for about 5 years now and love it - no problems whatsoever and it makes great water!

I've had the Krystal Pure KR15 system from Lowe's for about 5 years now and love it - no problems whatsoever and it makes great water!

how much did you pay for it? i don't see it anywhere on lowe's or the manufacturer's website.

That's odd - I just looked at the Lowe's website and didn't see it either - they are supposedly the only place that carries them! Anyways, I think it was around $300.00. They have a cheaper model too, but this was the best. It seems there are cheaper brands out there now so I'm not sure this is the best deal, but it has performed very well for me, and I would be cautious about a brand that is too cheap or has really amazing claims. I was just at Lowe's a couple weeks ago and picked up a new membrane, so I know they still carry them, but maybe not every store does?

I don't know if the specific brand matters as long as the filtration method itself is the same. The brands may differ more in reliability, cost, speed of recharge, other features.

i was actually considering APEC, but im also not sure about them

All the research ive done says to make sure that the system has all the certs from all the water quality organizations, the membrane is high quality (dowtech) and not a generic and the APEC systems replaces the filters just once a year as opposed to twice a year for the cheaper systems.

I haven't heard anything negative about this company and it comes with a water tester, one set of replacement filters, and even an ice maker line.

So after doing a 5 yr cost analysis on both APEC and the air, water, ice system, the APEC system is over twice the cost of the air, water, ice system. Thats replacing all 5 filters every year. I think I'll get the www.airwaterice.com system.

We are in the water filter industry, and the best system we have found for all types of city AND well water, are the 5-stage Goldline Reverse Osmosis, they have 93-97% TDS reduction, and are very, very well made.

Back
Top Bottom