Which one: T5 HO - 0.5 (6%) vs 10.0 (12%) for Veils

So, I have been helping people on chameleon Facebook groups lately & I have been advising people to get a T5 HO linear UVB fixture & I mention the 0.5 (or 6%) strength bulb is ideal for panthers but also Veils too (I have a Panther but also like to learn about Veils just as much, since they are arguably more popular than panthers). But recently someone corrected me and said Veils need the 10.0 (or 12%) bulb strength? I’m just wondering what you all recommend? Obviously I always want to give the correct info (& always say to double checking an advice given) but this answer seems to be different depending on who I have asked. Hopefully we can sort this out once & for all! Also, I would love to know which other species would thrive using the 10.0? Thanks so much for your help in advance🤙♥️🐸

The difference is, Its just a stronger bulb outputting more uvb. You CAN get a 12% you would just need to raise it higher above the enclosure, 6% is perfect because you can just rest it on top of the enclosure, the basking branch should be, i believe, about 9 inches from the top so your cham is getting a uvb level of 3 which is the correct amount.🍻

Back
Top Bottom