Which Fogger Should I Get

Phxboaa

So I currently am looking for a fogger and I was wondering what brand would be best. I saw the Animal Planet, and the Exo-Terra fogger. Which one would be the best to chose for a juvenile Veiled Chameleon, with a 16 L x 16 W x 30 H mesh cage?
Thank you~

If you are going to get a fogger I understand using a human humidifier works best for the price? Buying actual reptile stuff usually is waaay over priced. But you have an automatic mister too?

If you are going to get a fogger I understand using a human humidifier works best for the price? Buying actual reptile stuff usually is waaay over priced. But you have an automatic mister too?

I still need to get an automatic mister as well.

A mister and fogger are not the same thing and don't do the same job. A mister is what is needed for your chams hydration and a fogger is just a humidifier with a tube on it with a picture of a reptile on the box. I agree with @Andee they are way over priced.

I know~ I still need to get both, but someone already told me which mister to get. I currently only spray the chameleon cage with a spray bottle, but I am not home all of the time, and I am usually worried about my chameleon's hydration, that's why I am looking into both.
(My chameleon is perfectly fine, he is hydrated I just have a paranoid mind lol)

I know~ I still need to get both, but someone already told me which mister to get. I currently only spray the chameleon cage with a spray bottle, but I am not home all of the time, and I am usually worried about my chameleon's hydration, that's why I am looking into both.
(My chameleon is perfectly fine, he is hydrated I just have a paranoid mind lol)
If you want a humidifier just go to walmart or amazon. You can get a humidifier for $30 on up. I got a $30 one and I just need to fill it once a day.

Yeah I just bought a Black and Decker Ultrasonic humidifier for about $25. Works great but can't be used on a timer, as the power button is a microswitch and can't be left "on." It always resets to off when the power is disconnected.

There is a company out of China called banggood.com that sells all kinds of things, including ultrasonic pumps! For about $10 you can buy one that you just drop in a bucket of water. I have done this with only limited success as the output volume is just too small for creating real humidity.

I have used this for several years:

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-cool-mist-humidifier/ID=prod6211862-product

You can find them for between $25-$45. I think I paid like $29.99 with some coupon they had.

The reservoir holds one gallon of water (use distilled). IN my terrarium, that would last a month easy. I varied my humidity with my controller to swing slowly thru out the day from 40% to 70%. The top fits PVC pipe pretty well but I did buy a thin rubber like weather stripping to make a nice seal. Here is what it looked like on my small terrarium. I used that exact same one with on the floor and a much longer piece of PVC that brought it up to a 3 ft tall terrarium.

full

full

This is a veiw from the inside just before bedtime. This was my pride and joy, my little Cham named Jackson (R.I.P.). He would go to the mist from time to time.

Last edited:
I have used this for several years:

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-cool-mist-humidifier/ID=prod6211862-product

You can find them for between $25-$45. I think I paid like $29.99 with some coupon they had.

The reservoir holds one gallon of water (use distilled). IN my terrarium, that would last a month easy. I varied my humidity with my controller to swing slowly thru out the day from 40% to 70%. The top fits PVC pipe pretty well but I did buy a thin rubber like weather stripping to make a nice seal. Here is what it looked like on my small terrarium. I used that exact same one with on the floor and a much longer piece of PVC that brought it up to a 3 ft tall terrarium.

full

full

This is a veiw from the inside just before bedtime. This was my pride and joy, my little Cham named Jackson (R.I.P.). He would go to the mist from time to time.

Thank you so much for giving a link~

He's so handsome, I am sorry for your lost.

So I currently am looking for a fogger and I was wondering what brand would be best. I saw the Animal Planet, and the Exo-Terra fogger. Which one would be the best to chose for a juvenile Veiled Chameleon, with a 16 L x 16 W x 30 H mesh cage?
Thank you~

While I was waiting for my Mistking system to arrive, I purchased the Zoo Med fogger off of Amazon for $48. It works fine but I find that since the MistKing arrived, I rarely turn on the fogger. My veiled is not a fan of the fog (or the mist for that matter). It does look kinda cool though when the fog is sinking into the cage. IMO you don't really need a fogger if you have a MistKing (or similar) and a dripper.

Thank you so much for giving a link~

He's so handsome, I am sorry for your lost.

Yes he was, Thank you. :(

I was given the idea by a forum member years ago. Just paying it forward. If you go this route, hopes it works well for you. (y)

While I was waiting for my Mistking system to arrive, I purchased the Zoo Med fogger off of Amazon for $48. It works fine but I find that since the MistKing arrived, I rarely turn on the fogger. My veiled is not a fan of the fog (or the mist for that matter). It does look kinda cool though when the fog is sinking into the cage. IMO you don't really need a fogger if you have a MistKing (or similar) and a dripper.

If you were expecting a Mist King, why did you buy the Zoo Med? I'm curious if you had previously used a fogger or if it was just a "why the hell not" moment.

I think do agree with you, if you have live plants then a Mister is the best way to go. Based on my forum research and posts, the amount of fog required to keep live plants healthy would be very unhealthy for a Cham. A mister with larger water drops will raise the humidity just as well as a humidifier/ fogger. My previous Cham (R.I.P.) had all fake plants in his terrarium and drank water out of a rodent water bottle! So all I needed to worry about was the humidity, and a humidifier from Wal-Greens did the trick.

Are you in a screen cage? How is the Mist King working out? Does it do a better job of raising or keeping the humidity? I'm looking at options for a Mister as well for my new terrarium setup.

I am not sure a Veiled needs a humidifier...typically more humid conditions are required for Calluma and Montane species.

CHEERS!

Nick

I am not sure a Veiled needs a humidifier...typically more humid conditions are required for Calluma and Montane species.

CHEERS!

Nick
If you are referring to me, the humidifier was used as a fogged to vary the humidity with the safe range for a veiled.

This has been my problem this week too..after doing research and starting my own thread..and going to a few pet shops..I'm just going to order the mistking..it seems to really be the best option.
People on this site talk about the mistking like they get paid to sponsor it lol..and they don't..so it must be a damn good product.

Yes he was, Thank you. :(

I was given the idea by a forum member years ago. Just paying it forward. If you go this route, hopes it works well for you. (y)

If you were expecting a Mist King, why did you buy the Zoo Med? I'm curious if you had previously used a fogger or if it was just a "why the hell not" moment.

I think do agree with you, if you have live plants then a Mister is the best way to go. Based on my forum research and posts, the amount of fog required to keep live plants healthy would be very unhealthy for a Cham. A mister with larger water drops will raise the humidity just as well as a humidifier/ fogger. My previous Cham (R.I.P.) had all fake plants in his terrarium and drank water out of a rodent water bottle! So all I needed to worry about was the humidity, and a humidifier from Wal-Greens did the trick.

Are you in a screen cage? How is the Mist King working out? Does it do a better job of raising or keeping the humidity? I'm looking at options for a Mister as well for my new terrarium setup.

I bought the fogger because I was going to be gone for long periods during the day at the time and wanted to be able to provide some moisture while I wasn't there to hand mist. I also thought that it would do a better job of raising my humidity than it actually did. But, I think the problem there is...yes I have a screen enclosure and the humidity in the cage really seems to depend more on what is going on with the weather than whatever i do in the cage. Although that is still a little bit up in the air because we haven't had any real dry, cold weather since the MistKing was installed. I love the MistKing though. It is a quality product for sure!!

I bought the fogger because I was going to be gone for long periods during the day at the time and wanted to be able to provide some moisture while I wasn't there to hand mist. I also thought that it would do a better job of raising my humidity than it actually did. But, I think the problem there is...yes I have a screen enclosure and the humidity in the cage really seems to depend more on what is going on with the weather than whatever i do in the cage. Although that is still a little bit up in the air because we haven't had any real dry, cold weather since the MistKing was installed. I love the MistKing though. It is a quality product for sure!!

Well that makes sense...I'm having the exact opposite issue. Too Much Humidity, well high humidity that takes hours to dissipate down to room humidity. This is leaving me with only 1 mist cycle per day, or risk standing water in the enclosure.

I'm about to break down and buy a Mist king as well, but I need to address my humidity issue. If my light hand misting with a spray bottle is enough to throw my humidity up to 85%, then imagine what a Mist King would do in the same amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom