Which feeder bugs are smelliest? | Dubiasroaches.com unboxing [VIDEO]

Roaches are the best, it’s like having a second pet.

Attachments

• 387418BC-E0DE-4AFF-9BCB-F48C1CD50D32.jpeg
    387418BC-E0DE-4AFF-9BCB-F48C1CD50D32.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 77
Lol I feed my girl as treats pachnoda grubs aka fruit bettles which are kept as pets which look pretty cool

@fingero ...You definitely made my day with your freaking out over the roaches!

Have you tried dumping the whole box of roaches gently into a clear garbage bag...egg cartons and all...I don't think they can climb the plastic bag....or at least not quickly. Then you can gently shake them all off the egg cartons and box and remove the box and egg cartons from the bag then...leaving all the roaches in the bag...which you can then dump into the roach container! Let me know how it works.

Have you tried dumping the whole box of roaches gently into a clear garbage bag...egg cartons and all...I don't think they can climb the plastic bag....or at least not quickly. Then you can gently shake them all off the egg cartons and box and remove the box and egg cartons from the bag then...leaving all the roaches in the bag...which you can then dump into the roach container! Let me know how it works.
That definitely didn't work for me. They seemed to have no problem sticking to & climbing the inside of a trash bag.

Best method I've found (and I'm sure this will vary with others) is emptying everything into a large (e.g. sterilite) bin, then shaking and tapping them off the egg carton until all are in the bin.

YMMV

The worst part for me is dumping them into the bin in the first place. Our current supplier ships them in burlap bags, which are very difficult to get the stragglers out of. You can shake that bag all day and they'll still hang on! I have to go in after them and pick them out individually. And they're so lightweight & sneeky, a few stick to my arm and make a break for it up the arm and outside the bin. Sheesh! That step alone probably takes me more time than everything else combined. :eek:

Have you run into any issues with ordering bugs online, especially with the pandemic & shipping issues we've had (Like late shipments, dead bugs, etc.)? How long does an order like this last until you need more? This is obviously a way better variety than what we can get at places like Petco. Crickets are soooooo stinky 💩

Have you run into any issues with ordering bugs online, especially with the pandemic & shipping issues we've had (Like late shipments, dead bugs, etc.)? How long does an order like this last until you need more? This is obviously a way better variety than what we can get at places like Petco. Crickets are soooooo stinky 💩
That depends on how many mouths you're feeding, and how hungry they are.

I just received a reminder that the holidays are coming, and to order enough through the end of the year asap. Some vendors also have auto-ship, but I wouldn't recommend that until you have a good idea of your needs.

Things like crickets that die quickly will have to be ordered in smaller numbers and more often (unless you're breeding them); things like roaches will last indefinitely, and can be ordered in larger quantities provided they don't grow faster than your cham can keep up with their size.

Sure I've had issues, but all have been resolved amicably. Competition is pretty fierce in this business, so vendors want to keep good customers satisfied and coming back. If not, there are plenty more vendors.

I built a speadsheet of vendors, feeders, quantities, & prices. When order time comes, I quickly go through the list to check prices (sales are common) and order from the best overall price. Shipping can be all over the board from free to flat-rate.

Back
Top Bottom