Where to place a dripper

I have a small reptibreeze cage and I am having trouble placing the dripper. I can't find a way to place it near the top of the cage where he will notice it. Do you have any ideas of where to put it:confused:

For what it's worth I put mine on top of the ReptiBreeze so that it drips trough the screen, onto some leafs, and down from there. I find that you either want to remove the tubing or put the tubing in such a way that it's suspended over the screen, not touching it or else it tends to pool up where as having it drip on to the screen helps push the water through it.

For what it's worth I put mine on top of the ReptiBreeze so that it drips trough the screen, onto some leafs, and down from there. I find that you either want to remove the tubing or put the tubing in such a way that it's suspended over the screen, not touching it or else it tends to pool up where as having it drip on to the screen helps push the water through it.

Ok thanks for the advice

I have my dripper on top of my cage as well. However, I have an automatic mister, still in the box; because I haven't a clue how to begin to set it up since the cage really isn't being nice to me in how to set it up. If it was a glass aquarium, I wouldn't have a problem, but with it being mostly all screen, I am having trouble deciding. Any thoughts?

I have my dripper on top of my cage as well. However, I have an automatic mister, still in the box; because I haven't a clue how to begin to set it up since the cage really isn't being nice to me in how to set it up. If it was a glass aquarium, I wouldn't have a problem, but with it being mostly all screen, I am having trouble deciding. Any thoughts?

I don't have a misting system. They are too much for me especially since I only have one chameleon and my grandmother sprays him When I am not home so I don't really know much about it. Sorry

I don't have a misting system. They are too much for me especially since I only have one chameleon and my grandmother sprays him When I am not home so I don't really know much about it. Sorry

Thanks. I leave on the weekends a lot of times, and know I need the misting system for when my husband is also working out of town.

I don't much about it either. LOL

As far as setting it up I struggled too with how to get it to work on my screen enclosure. I have a larger enclosure that it will mount to easily once Merlin gets big enough, but for now it has to run on the screen. What I ended up doing is just taking a small tub/cup and cutting a hole in the bottom of it and mounting the mist nozzle to that with the nozzle is spraying into the cup from the bottom and setting the cup on top of his cage so the cup is upside down. it was basically like making my own rain dome that other companies sell. I did have to use a ziptie to anchor the hose running up to it as the vibrations had the cup scooting all over the top of the enclosure. I'll try to get a picture to put up to show what I'm talking about better.

Jordan

I have a small reptibreeze cage and I am having trouble placing the dripper. I can't find a way to place it near the top of the cage where he will notice it. Do you have any ideas of where to put it:confused:

I tried having it drip on top of the screen cage and my Cham wouldn't take notice either. I ended up cutting a small hole on the top of the screen, and feeding the tube down just like an inch. He uses it everyday ever since.

Adkins, feel free to PM me if you need assistance Setting it up. Do you have a mistking or a monsoon? If you have a monsoon and still in the box... I would recommend you return it and get a mistking instead. 10x better quality and it's a much finer mist. You have less issues with pooling water as well.

I tried having it drip on top of the screen cage and my Cham wouldn't take notice either. I ended up cutting a small hole on the top of the screen, and feeding the tube down just like an inch. He uses it everyday ever since.

Adkins, feel free to PM me if you need assistance Setting it up. Do you have a mistking or a monsoon? If you have a monsoon and still in the box... I would recommend you return it and get a mistking instead. 10x better quality and it's a much finer mist. You have less issues with pooling water as well.

I have a monsoon, and will get a better quality mister once MJ is in his permanent enclosure. Thanks for the info :)

As far as setting it up I struggled too with how to get it to work on my screen enclosure. I have a larger enclosure that it will mount to easily once Merlin gets big enough, but for now it has to run on the screen. What I ended up doing is just taking a small tub/cup and cutting a hole in the bottom of it and mounting the mist nozzle to that with the nozzle is spraying into the cup from the bottom and setting the cup on top of his cage so the cup is upside down. it was basically like making my own rain dome that other companies sell. I did have to use a ziptie to anchor the hose running up to it as the vibrations had the cup scooting all over the top of the enclosure. I'll try to get a picture to put up to show what I'm talking about better.

Jordan

Thanks, my husband had the same idea, but hadn't put it to use yet, because we weren't sure if it would really work.

Back
Top Bottom