Where to order crickets from

BCboom

Ok so I live in New England and I am wondering where is the best place to order live crickets from? I have tried Fluker's Farms twice but it keeps getting delayed and cancelled because of bad weather. I want to find a place that can ship in cold weather and still have a guarantee on live delivery. I want to order from Josh's Frogs but the shipping cost is very high and is more expensive then the insects themselves.

Ghann's. Where ever you order have the crickets held for pick up at your closest hub. Delivery trucks are poorly climate controlled.

Sorry, they are only practical if you order large amounts as their per cricket price is good. Perhaps someone can recommend a small batch seller for you.

Rainbow Mealworms might work for you if you set up a regular shipment and they have a variety of other feeders. I don'r know how they deal with cold weather shipments as I'm in sunny CA. I think you can get cold weather packaging for some $$$.

Rainbow Mealworms might work for you if you set up a regular shipment and they have a variety of other feeders. I don'r know how they deal with cold weather shipments as I'm in sunny CA. I think you can get cold weather packaging for some $$$.
I only see mealworms and some other worms on their website.

I haven't been there for a while but placed an order for crickets a week or two ago but cancelled it when it was more than a week out for delivery. Don't know what to tell you. Hopefully someone from the northern 48 can help you.

I haven't been there for a while but placed an order for crickets a week or two ago but cancelled it when it was more than a week out for delivery. Don't know what to tell you. Hopefully someone from the northern 48 can help you.
Ok, thanks for your help.

If you live in a harsh climate, making it difficult to get feeders... I'd say bite the pullet and pay the extra shipping cost for a next day delivery. Ghanns has been my go to vendor for two years now and I have been incredibly happy with how they managed the weather issues that we've been seeing this season.

I thinking of trying bsfl. Here are some question: Do you have to gutload them? How often do they die? How many should you feed a juvenile chameleon? How long until the pupate? Are bsfl something to feed in moderation or as a staple feeder?

Slightly off topic but whats your take on bsfl?

Love them, one of the best feeders out there. They last several weeks and don't need to be gutloaded, one of the very few feeders that doesn't require gutloading.

That said if you offer the bsfl food, they will produce an ammonia smell.

I'm going to say it's time to start raising roaches, dubia, and red runners are nearly bullet proof, and since you live in the frozen wastelands like I do, they are a necessity.

Love them, one of the best feeders out there. They last several weeks and don't need to be gutloaded, one of the very few feeders that doesn't require gutloading.

That said if you offer the bsfl food, they will produce an ammonia smell.

I'm going to say it's time to start raising roaches, dubia, and red runners are nearly bullet proof, and since you live in the frozen wastelands like I do, they are a necessity.
Are bsfl treats or staple? and How much should I feed a young veiled?

Back
Top Bottom