Where to find Springtails?

ChameleonTherapy

Established Member
Hey y'all! I have a juvie panther cham coming and also a Biodude chameleon kit for the bioactive setup in his 24x24x48 enclosure. In reading a blog post on here I see that it is recommended to introduce Isopods and Springtails into the soil. I can get isopods from my back yard easy, but can anyone recommend a source for the springtails?

Hey y'all! I have a juvie panther cham coming and also a Biodude chameleon kit for the bioactive setup in his 24x24x48 enclosure. In reading a blog post on here I see that it is recommended to introduce Isopods and Springtails into the soil. I can get isopods from my back yard easy, but can anyone recommend a source for the springtails?
Hi! I’ve gotten springtails and isopods from Josh’s Frogs in the past. They also have a nice selection of feeder insects as well

Springtails have a way of showing up in soil whether you want them to or not. You can find them in your backyard too or in leaf litter. Just add some to your substrate. TBH springtails are overrated, they're a nice addition that'll inevitably show up, but isopods do most of the work.

Back
Top Bottom