Where to buy t5 fixture and bulb?!

zmoore91

ive decided to order a fixture and Arcadia lighting. Where’s the best place to purchase both from? Thanks!

I’d like to know as well. I have been really discouraged by the price of the fixtures for T5HO bulbs. I was not expecting to spend 100 dollars on one light. Anyone have any ideas or options? I would like one with shutters of some kind to direct light downward. Also, how many bulbs would you use for a planted tank that is about 3 feet deep?

The Bio Dude and Pangea Reptile have good deals on a t5HO with an Arcadia Bulb. The Bio Dude even sent me two replacement bulbs when the two I ordered didn’t work!

I’d like to know as well. I have been really discouraged by the price of the fixtures for T5HO bulbs. I was not expecting to spend 100 dollars on one light. Anyone have any ideas or options? I would like one with shutters of some kind to direct light downward. Also, how many bulbs would you use for a planted tank that is about 3 feet deep?
Get a Sun Blaster double hood, 1000bulbs has them, it has two separate reflectors so you get maximum light penetration. A 6500K light bulb will work as a great grow light. Or get an LED grow light (the Bio Dude also has them), just make sure it only shows white light

Light Your Reptiles has combo packs of a reflector and bulb. I just checked Pangea, they’re separate as well

I have 2 panthers, and their cages will both be 2x2x4
Arcadia 6% t5HO then. Get at least a 2’ reflector and bulb or preferably 30” so you can run it diagonal atop the cage, or buy one long enough to cover both cages (as long as there’s a barrier between cages so the chams can’t see each other)

Okay so I can do one 36” fixture with that bulb and run it across both cages. There is a divider. OR I can get 2 24 fixtures with 6% bulbs for the same price. Then each cage has its own. Thoughts

Okay so I can do one 36” fixture with that bulb and run it across both cages. There is a divider. OR I can get 2 24 fixtures with 6% bulbs for the same price. Then each cage has its own. Thoughts
I would do a 48” reflector and bulb if you do both cages under one uvb light. I have two 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall panther cages side by side and use an individual 36” for each separately

Though I’ve found it cheaper to buy separate. Make sure to go with the single reflector, unless you want a plant light, then get a double or quad Sun Blaster fixture, since each light has its own reflector built in unlike the Arcadia doubles or quads
I never have issues with plant growth so I really just need the uvb linear bulb.
I would do a 48” reflector and bulb if you do both cages under one uvb light. I have two 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall panther cages side by side and use an individual 36” for each separately
so you think doing a separate 24” isn’t enough for them? I mean that covers the length of each cage. It’s the same bulb, so maybe I’m confused about something

I never have issues with plant growth so I really just need the uvb linear bulb.

so you think doing a separate 24” isn’t enough for them? I mean that covers the length of each cage. It’s the same bulb, so maybe I’m confused about something
Two separate 24” is perfectly fine

Just noticed the mention sorry. @ERKleRose seems to have you covered though. The sunblaze ("supreme" model is single tube) dual, quad and so on are superior in many ways to the "arcadia" (rebranded odyssea fixture if you're set on it). Reflector is beyond better, 5 yr warranty vs 30/ 90 days depending on where you get the odyssea from. There is also the sunblaster (same manufacturer as sunblaze) like reptile basics and pangea sell. Even though it is less convenient to order two different places or not as a "kit" you can get a better fixture and get the arcadia bulb separate and still be less then the "arcadia kit".

Back
Top Bottom