where to buy sterile roaches

my advice , just bite the bullett and take the plunge . imo, dubia are way easier to deal with than cricks, they dont bite you or your cham. even if a few do get out, they wont breed, theyre easy to find, and theyre slow.

it would be possible to breed dubia for years and never have one get out. you breed cricks for a month and guaranteed, youre going to have cricks running around your house.

i had a colony where the screen that was siliconed to the container lost its bond and could be pulled open with almost no pressure, who knows how long it was like that. even still only about 4 escaped, i just swept them up and flushed em.
dubia are a better nutritional choice imo cricks are best reserved for supplementation purposes.

I just had this very same thing happen to me. The heat lamp warmed the glue holding the screen in place causing it to come undone half way with the undone half laying into the bin. Only I had probably over 100 escape. needless to say I was freaking out numerous glue & bait traps later,I've fairly confident I've caught 99% of what escaped. Only come across one inside my house, they wre in a attic off of a bedroom.

You have little to ZERO chance of Dubia, Discoids, or Fusca infesting your home in Missouri lol. As you said, tropical roaches, and you are anywhere but in the tropics.

Missouri is verry Hot and Humid..... sooo....idk It really scares me.

If they get into my attic in the summer time... the thought gives me the chills.

I bought a 5 gal fish tank to keep them in... then I realized that they can probably climb up the silicone that holds the glass together in the corners..... I don't trust plastic so it has to be glass. Also, it has to be str8 up and down or I won't be happy..... What do I do....

If they get into my attic in the summer time... the thought gives me the chills.

I bought a 5 gal fish tank to keep them in... then I realized that they can probably climb up the silicone that holds the glass together in the corners..... I don't trust plastic so it has to be glass. Also, it has to be str8 up and down or I won't be happy..... What do I do....

It took me 6 months to get mine to breed in a bin with a heat pad. An escapee isn't going to breed in your house. Set yours up in a rubbermaid bin with a strip of tape around the top that they can't climb up.

rub some silicone lube on the silicone. and around the top of the tank if youre worried

I just had this very same thing happen to me. The heat lamp warmed the glue holding the screen in place causing it to come undone half way with the undone half laying into the bin. Only I had probably over 100 escape. needless to say I was freaking out numerous glue & bait traps later,I've fairly confident I've caught 99% of what escaped. Only come across one inside my house, they were in a attic off of a bedroom. oh yeah this was a week ago...

how did they get into the attic?
they had to have climbed a wall some how

Back
Top Bottom